CHAPTER 9 : Divorce

Nunew POV

Two weeks passed but Hia is nowhere to be found. I call him everyday but he never answered. Auntie jaa told me about the house he had at chiang Rai. I look for him but he is not there neither he is, in the office. Everything feels sullen without him. That horrid feeling of emptiness whenever he is not by my side. I miss him. I don't know if I have felt this way all along. Switching my phone on, I rummage through the album inside. It is all hia's picture that I took secretly. I trace my hand along the screen, hoping that it could magically transfer to reality. We have never been apart for this long. 'Hiiaaa..come back now' I whisper to myself. Tears brimming inside my eyes as I began to feel the loneliness. He is all I have. The only person I can trust. He make mistakes. But I'm ready to forgive him. Our marriage. I have no idea how to proceed after what had happened before. I have lock myself in the room for two days just to avoid bumping with grandpa. What if he ask me about hia? I still couldn't think for any logic reason that could fit to the situation. The vibration of the phone interrupted me. Hia! Hia is calling me! I promptly accepted it and held the phone up to my ear. 5 seconds of silence. 'Hia?' I muttered. 'Grandpa want to meet us...come downstairs' he end the called right after.

As I reached the hall, my brow frown in dazed. Mike was here. Grandpa, he is holding something in his hand. A small, black box thing. I don't know what it is. My eyes moves to Hia. And there is a woman sitting besides him with the floral print dress. Her hairs was styled perfectly into a low bun. I marched to sit besides mike since the the other seat have been occupied. The atmosphere was tense. 'Explain this' grandpa push the button on the things he held and my voice resonates throughout the hall. 'I'm..I'm so-orry..please... hiaa...I'm sorry'. It took me a minute to register that voice recording in my brain. The voice of me crying and hia's... Why would grandpa have that? My head turn to Mike as if he is the one to blame but I can never be any wrong. 'Are you bugging me? That night.. at the event?' my eyes bulge, waiting for his answer. 'That was the only way for me to expose him' mike reach my hand, grabbing it firmly, reassuring. My gaze averted to Hia as I saw he curled his finger into a fist. His eyes reddened, staring to my hand in Mike's. 'You are being ridiculous... I told you to mind your own business' I yanked off his hand from mine. Looking at grandpa, I try to explain things but... 'I have filed the divorce.. you just have to put down you signature there' Hia slide a piece of paper on the table in my direction. My eyes shot up. He averted his gaze from mine. 'Zee will resign from his position..and you will take over.. that has been the promise from the start' grandpa state and I...I remain in my seat, clueless. This is not what I want! I never wish to become the CEO. That was just grandpa's trick to get Hia marry me. 'I won't agree... I think both of us need to talk personally' I try to stand up but I can't take control of my body. It trembling vigorously. 'Nothing can be discuss... I'm going to marry her and I want to let you go in a manner' he said and I felt my heart crumbling down .I don't know what I'll do now. Th-his...it happen too sudden. 'No! I told you No! There must be something wrong!... Tell me the truth!... I bet you on my life it was not because of her' I burst out in tears and my gaze shifted to the woman besides him. I know this is not it! That company was the only thing his parent left him with and I'm sure he will never give up that easily. If he really want to marry that woman, he could have done that earlier. But why now? Right after he disappear for two whole weeks. And moreover, after our arguement?  'Excuse us for a minute' Hia get up from his seat, reaching my wrist as he drag me out from the hall.

In the room, he slammed my back on the wall hardly. But the pain inside overpower everything. 'Stop play victim nunew! I was the one who are being drag into this foolish marriage!' he thundered. 'Don't lie to me... I can sense something is not right' my voice crack. My mind begged desperately for him to tell me everything is not real. 'Do you really think I'm that dumb?... You marry me just because you want to severe the ties with your uncle.. you think I don't know that?!' he spoke and I began to realize. Is it because of this? But both of us have our own selfish reason in this marriage. He is in no place to punish me. 'It was..but now I... I love you.. sincerely' I saw something changed in his eyes but he is too hard to read. 'Love?' he chuckles. 'Love is just a word, nhu.. you have no place in my life.. let alone my heart' he scoffed. 'You just don't realize your heart yet Hia ..you love me.. I can feel it.. That night.. there was not only lust' he hold my hand firmly and yank off the ring from my finger. 'This...mean nothing to me' as he throw the ring out the balcony. Tears falling down my cheeks when the only greatest gift I had in our marriage, lost in my sight. He turn himself to walk away but I strive a nerve holding his arm. 'Leave me..and I will marry mike.. you hate the idea of him touching me, didn't you?' my sentence did provoke him. He wrap his hand around my throat, choking me. My eyes become watery. I clawed my finger around his hand, gasping for breath. His grip was too strong to wriggle out of. 'Hi-..hi..ia..' my voice come out in whisper but I know he could hear it. He staggered back as he loosened his palms on my neck. I cough out ,gasping for air. Tears flooded my eyes, blocking my vision as I slide down the wall weakly. He keep his eyes low and I can see he is trembling all over. 'I'm getting scared of myself... I beg you.. just sign the paper... and you can go on your own way' Hia walked out the room leaving me cry hardly, alone.