CHAPTER 12 : Misunderstood

Zee POV

I sat at the bed corner, fidgeting my finger. My feeling was full of sorrow with no hope. I know what will happen if I met him again. I wonder to myself if this terrible fate will come to its end. At least, I have try my best. The sound of bathroom door creaking got me stand on my own two feet. There she come out ,wearing my black shirt, tucked in. She hold her coffee-stained blouse, crumpled in one hand. 'I'm sorry Ariana... It wasn't intentional' guilty was written all over my face. 'It's just coffee... besides, that was my fault too...I shouldn't surprised you like that' she said as her mouth curved into a smile. I return with a small smile. I walked reaching the door and my eyes met a pair of his eyes. Nunew! He was here earlier than I thought he would be. I was stunned for a moment. My eyes darted towards the red marks on his neck. I can recognize that in a glance. It was hickey but...clearly it is not from me. I don't know what's gotten into me. My breath hitched and my chest heated up. Who is the guy? Mike?  My eyes stumbled down, keeping myself in control. Sad. Furious. Anxious. Nervous. Scared. I feel the mixed emotion. The fear of hurting him seeping inside my body. He is not yours anymore zee! Keep that in your mind! You left him!

Nunew POV

I hastily get off the car and stood in front of the door. A smile form at the corner of my lips when my eyes catch a plain pair black sandals of Hia's big foot size on the shelf . Hia is really here! But my joy was short lived as my gaze latched on the black heels boot landed next to it. A woman? Who would be here at this hour? It almost midnight. Upon entering the house, silence is my only verdict. Where is everyone? Even the housekeepers was not around. Hia also wasn't anywhere near. I walked up to my room and as I'm about to twist the knob, the door opened from inside. My eyes met his pitch black eyes. The one I have been longing to look into. My heart was throbbing loudly inside my chest. I have thousand story to share with him. Our eyes locked without words as if it could magically healed the wound we had in the past.

Suddenly there is a wild nerve rising within me in the moment I saw a woman coming out behind him. What is she doing in our room? That same woman! The woman that Hia brought home that day. The one he said he will get married with. So are they married? My heart etched with jealousy when that question came across my mind. My step froze like there is a tons of glue smothered on my feet. She is wearing Hia's shirt matching with her faint blue ,slim jeans. As if the history repeat itself, my eyes watered, giving me the same impact just like two years ago.

'Why are you here?' hia asked in a cold tone. My eyes alternately look toward hia and that woman signalling her to leave us in privacy. Our conversation doesn't even concern her. 'I'll be waiting downstairs' she whisper softly ,but the voice is clear to my ears. My fist clenched at my side as my face contorted with rage. I was driven crazy with jealousy. She walked out of the door but Hia grab her wrist making her stay. 'You don't have to leave' hia hold her hand tightly as if his life was depending on it. 'Why can't I meet you? You are still my husband' I blurt out the fact suppressing my anger. 'Am I? Really?' his eyes squint into slice as he raise his eyebrow in mocking manner. My eyes narrowed. What is he talking about? 'After I saw that disgusting mark on your neck? Do you still take me as your husband?' he chuckle while his eyes glare intensely to my neck. His grip on that woman's wrist tightened and I saw pained there. I believed it will leaves red marks afterwards. She whimpered in pain but her voice was deafened. Hia doesn't show any sign to loosen the grip. 'Its not what you think' I marched forward but not too close. My hand palms around the hickey. It was Mike's. 'I see you can lead a good life without me..' he said as his chest rose up and down, chasing his breath frantically. 'Hiaa ..listen to me first..I swear it wasn't..-' my sentence was cut off when he growled loudly.  'Get your f*cking face out of my sight!!' his face was dripping with anger. I grabbed the fabric of my shirt tightly, breathing heavily. Why I didn't think before coming here? I remained at my place, stood still. 'Hiaa.. you're scaring me' my voice are clearly shaking but I never intend to get away from him this instant. 'Ariana... I need to settle this first' he said firmly while his heavy gaze was still glued to mine. She nodded understanding and walked downstairs, leaving me and Hia alone.

Hia stepped forward closing the distance between us. His finger lightly tracing my jaw and I flinched by his touch. Is he going to hurt me again?! I stepped backward as my body tensed up with fear. 'Choose now.. either leave or stay...'  his eyebrow raised and smirking devilishly. 'I...I'm not leaving' I said, making myself clear with the decision. Dragging me inside the room, he shut the door in one slammed.  He pressed me against the wall as he grab my jaw tightly. 'Hiaaa...' I sobbed holding my tears. I held his wrist, struggling to escape. He move closer to my ears and whisper in a deep tone. 'You are all mine...the eyes.. the nose...the lips... I don't like when others touch something that was mine... Do you still remember what I said?' His eyes are flaring in anger. 'I'm sorry hiaa... Please let me explain first..' I cried out loud. Tears shimmered in my eyes. He pushed me down to the ground and walked away to the room corner.

I sat against the wall and was hyperventilating. I try to calm the panic down. My eyes shot up when I heard a loud bang against the wall. Hia punch the wall so hard repeatedly until I can see blood seeped out of his knuckles. 'Hiaa...what are you doing?!' I rushly step closer and held his hand tight but he manage to shake his arm away from me. 'You are bleeding' a tear fell down my cheeks. My body looked calm compare to how worried my mind was. 'I give you a chance nhu..leave me or I don't know what I might do to you' his voice are low, sound desperate as he gazing down on the floor. I felt a warm liquid dripping down on my back hand. Is he crying? There was a brief silence between us. 'Hiaaa?' my hand bravely hold his cheeks, lifting his head up. There were a tracks of tears on his face. My body feel numb as the pained in my heart was more severe. He looks so vunerable and weak. What happened? I hate to see he cry. 'Go away! I don't want to see you ...I don't want you to see me in this state... Stop...stop messing with me ..I have been trying to escape all this time' tears rolling down his cheeks like there is no tomorrow. His voice broke down. Hiaa... This hurts me more. He has become someone so special to me that I have to feel this excruciating pain.