CHAPTER 10 : Sorry

Nunew POV

Two years passed,

I look out the window. It was a cloudy morning and darkened gray of wool are up to the sky. Getting myself into business, I start to hold the position of CEO of Glay Sdn. Bhd. It is not an easy task for me. Learning business in just a year, I start to manage everything. Time flying by but it is difficult to shake my true feeling. Simply, it is absolute pain. Waking up without him next to me. The feeling of longing. I can't block what I felt. I don't know where he has been the past two years. Maybe grandpa know but I never bothered to ask him. I will keep thing as it is. I'm sure he got his own reason and I just want to wait patiently. The call ringtone playing and I rushly take my phone out from the bag . Every single day I wish it could be Hia. But it never be. I start to lose hope as time passed by. I pressed the green button on the screen as I hold the phone up to my ear.

Mike : Hi babe.. What are you doing? Busy?

Nunew : Why? Do you have anything to ask?

Mike : Ummm about our dinner tonight... Can you leave a bit early today?

Nunew : I got a lot of work to do mike... I'm not sure if I could go

Mike : *Silence*

Nunew : Mike..?

Mike : You promise me

Nunew : I know...I'm sorry but you have to understand me ...I got a new project so I was quite handful at the moment

Mike : It's been the second time you cancel our dates in this month .. Do you even know what day is today?

Nunew : I know.. it is our anniversary

Mike : Then.., you are going to broke the promise?

Nunew : Just for today.. I promise..Can we-

He hung up. I heaved a long sigh. This guy got a mood swing just like a woman in their PMS. But, one thing I love about him is..he always treat me right. He is a pleasure to be with. I feel comfortable around him. Opening my chat, I look for his number.

Nunew : Ok..I will go..but it can't be any earlier..8 o'clock sharp..

The evening sun cast long shadow on my office floor. Yawning. I flipped the document in front of me with my eyes dropped heavily, drifting away. I shook my head trying to shush away the fatigue. That mental condition is killing my productivity. I look up to the wall clock before realizing it almost 7.30 p.m. Oh my god, Mike! I look at my phone but my battery died. I forgot to have it charged this morning. Reaching for my stuff, I rushly get out from the office.

Simple date. I wore a long sleeve sky blue sweatshirt with my slim fit white jeans. Putting on the wristwatch and the lariat necklace, I look through the reflection on the mirror one more time. Fiddling the gems hanging on the strands of necklace, I smile satisfied. This should do. I walk out of the condo and drive off to the pinned location. I got myself a new house right after I start working. It is close to my office so I don't have to face traffic on my way home. However, every weekend I would stay with grandpa in the mansion . But, he rarely stay at home ever since he become the high committee in the volunteering association.

My car halted in front of expensive look of glass building in this modern era. Getting off the car, I stood amazed in front of the magnificent piece of architecture. Gordon Ramsay restaurant. A British chef, restaurateur, television personality and a writer. Who wouldn't know him. 'Nunew Chawarin?' one of the staff asked and I just nodded, smiling. He looks neat with the uniform on. He lead my way inside as my eyes wandered around the restaurant. The robust interior design seem rich red with British heritage concept. The main dining area are full of monochromatic portraits of Britain brightest star.

'Who are the one sulking earlier?' sitting across him, I look into his eyes in tease. His lips beaming a sweet smile , displaying his dimples. 'Who is it?' he raised his eyebrow, innocent. Chuckles.  My gaze lingered around the dining area but there was nobody else. I knitted my brow together as I squint my eyes into half. It couldn't be.. I let out a sigh. 'Mikee.. do you book the whole floor again?' I asked , interrogate. He keep silent and by that, I know, I guess it right. 'You wouldn't listen to me, are you?' he keep silent. 'Mike.. I'm not angry.. I just don't like if you spend your money on me' I grab his hand, convincing and he look up to me. His eyes poured everything. I know he want to please me but he should know better ,I am not a fan of extravagant. I love to keep it simple and nice. 'Nunew... I know everything I do will never be enough for you... It's been a year but you never opened up to me... Everyday.. every second I live in fear of losing you .. what if zee suddenly appear? Will you leave me without words? That question keep playing in my brain but I still got no answer to that... Since the day I took you into my life, perhaps I know your feeling wouldn't change but I keep on insisting.. I want to try...' he paused. His eyes already welled with the tears and I just hold onto his hand tighter. I have try my best to love him but he just not the one. I don't want us to live in lie while my heart longed for another . He will find another better person who will love him in full hearted. He took a deep breath before continue. 'So ,just let me do whatever I want while I still have the chance.. I don't know when you are going to leave me.. let me have my own way to give you my best.. okay?' he added and I nodded slightly in agree. 'I want you to know that I have tried but love is not a perfect word for our relation' I said in hope he would understand. The story of me and Hia will continue even after thousand years. I can't began a new story when the last one are still left unfinished. It's hard.