CHAPTER 3 : Reason of Marriage

Nunew POV

I was startled with the sudden pull. It happen too fast. I squirmed out of his hold but his grip was tight. 'Shhh..its me' I could hear the breath through his nose as his chest rose up and down. I take the chance to get away as he loosened the grip. Our gaze collided and I was taken to another world. Maybe like what happened in 'jujutsu kaisen'? He looks like a handsome devil. Combination of good and the bad traits. That long lashes. I love how it looks on him. The sound of him clearing his throat bring me back to the situation. 'I need you to cancel the marriage' he snarled. My heart raced at the volume of his voice. I know he is forced to married me because of the property. 'Just like you ...I got my own reason as well' it tooks a lot of courage of me to speak up. 'What reason? Money? or is it sex?' he look at me with the disgusting lust. I feel the urge to put the blanket around my waist, covering my exposed legs. He walked closer but I do the opposite. 'Its not about that..I can't-' my words are cut off. My anxiety slowly turning to anger the moment his words come out. 'If money the case, just say the amount but ...if you want me, I'm all ready' his words are paused in between. The devilish smile forming at the corner of his lips as he trapped me with the wall behind. His hands slammed on the wall ,besides my head. The loud bang make me tremble in fear and I squeeze my eyes shut. I look up only to met his sharp eyes. The pain I had before, slowly seeping inside me. That man's voice. The smell of blood. The pain. All come to me at once. I was again terrified. He leaned himself close to my ears. 'Listen to me.. if you that desperate to have a husband, then...as you wish.. I'll be the one but..I will make you regret this' he said in husky voice. I don't know if this is a threat or a warn. He push me and make his way out of the room. I slide down the wall, burying my face in my knees. The feeling is tormenting. Can I survive?

Yesterday morning,

'Sit.. I have something to asked' grandpa start the conversation as I enter the dining hall. His eyebrow raised, leaning his back against the chair. The table are strategically set as if the queen are to be expected. Enlightened by the food that have been laid on the table, I pulled out a seat. I look up to grandpa and nodded in response. 'Nunew Chawarin Perdpiriyawong?' he asked and my eyes shot up. How did he know my name and even my family name. 'I guess you are the one I have been looking for.. I know it since I saw you yesterday.. you got his eyes' he added probably reading from my open-book expression. I search for his gaze, trying hard to dissect the emotion that face held. 'Your grandpa was my friend.. I have been searching for you everywhere after I got the news. The car crash' his voice turn mellow. My heart pounding and my body shivered when the past that took a left turn in my life are voiced out. That accident...change my entire life. It was the moment. I was the only one that are successfully rescued in that car crash. My mother give up on her life just to save me. That's why I keep fighting on living. I don't want her sacrifice go to waste. I will prove to her one day, that I can lead a happy life as well. I was only 8 years old and eye-witnessing that sadistic day was never been easy for me. I lose my beloved parents. 'I am regretting not to find you earlier... If only-' I cutted off his speech. 'No... Nothing of this is your fault.. my uncle sold me off' I exclaimed as he let out a long sigh. The silence fill up the atmosphere. 'Will you marry my grandson?' he said out of nowhere. 'If you really want to severe the ties between you and your uncle... Marry him.. nobody could touch even a strand of your hair ..I promise' his tears are already at the bay. Holding it in. His sincerity. I could feel it. 'I don't want to force anyone' I said as soft as a whisper. 'New... I just want you to be free... about my grandson.. I know what the best for him.. you don't have to worry.. I'll make sure he treat you as you deserved to'

Present day,

From that morning conversation, now I have legally been declared as a son-in-law to Panich family. It's been a week I have share a room with him, but he never once touch me. His room is like another house for me. It is too big. Larger than my previous room. The wall and furniture are combination colour of black and...black? He must love black so much. I usually stay by myself in this mansion on weekdays since Hia need to go to work .Grandpa also are less likely to be at home. So, the maid has become my only best friend. Even hia did ignore my presence in the whole week ,but having him by my side can be less lonely.

Something nudged my arms and I open my eyes .Hia sat across me with one side of his face was lightened by the dim light of the bedside lamp but the other side are shadowing. My gaze abruptly shift to the wall clock. 9.35 pm. It still early. He usually got back from work almost at midnight so I will take a nap between 9 to 10 pm while waiting for him. 'Get up.. we are going somewhere' he stare down on me with blank expression. 'Where?' my voice come out dry. 'Just get ready... I'll be waiting in the car' my eyes follow his movement as he walked neared to the doorway. This is the first time he want to take me out. Where would we be going?