Shiratorizawa vs Aoba Johsai

Finally the prefecture finals for the prelims for the inter-high were underway.

You groaned as you looked at which team you were facing. "Why Oikawa of all people?"

Goshiki chuckled as he sat beside you on the bench. "You really don't like him, do you L/n?"

"Not in the slightest. His presence makes every fiber of my being boil with irritation."

Semi walked up with his usual smile on his face. "L/n can't even be exposed to his name before remembering her bad experience from their first meeting."

You nod, giving an almost nonexistent smile to your team. "Yeah. Oikawa is the last person I want to be around."

Said setter heard his name fall from your lips and decided to confidently walk over to where you sat. "Hello, cutie."

You gag internally. "Why are you over here, Oikawa?"

"Cuz I heard my name slip past those beautiful lips of yours." He winked and gave his signature flirtatious smile. "May I ask what about me were you speaking of?"

"How annoying you are." Shirabu blurted out as he approached all of you.

Oikawa frowned, nearly glaring at the second year. "I highly doubt this lovely girl would say that about me!"

Iwaizumi and several other members of Aoba Johsai appeared behind their third year setter. "Hey, Oikawa, what are you doing over here? We need to prepare for the match."

Oikawa looked over at his teammates briefly. "I'm here for the gorgeous manager, Y/n-chan!"

You narrow your eyes. "Ayo, stop talking about me Trashykawa."

The opposing team's ace howled with laughter. "Just like that one Karasuno first year said!"

Oikawa frowned, beginning to pout. "You're so mean to me, Iwa-chan! Come on, don't be like that blondie with the glasses!"

You froze, a small smile spreading on your lips. "Kei...?"

Everyone turned to see you - the girl who never shows emotion, especially happiness - smile. It was a moment of silent awe, in which all the guys looked at this different expression that has formed on your face.

A first year from Aoba Johsai, Kunimi, raised his eyebrows questioningly as he approached you. "The salty middle blocker from Karasuno?"

You look up at him, tilting your head to the side as your smile fades. "Karasuno?"

The boy pulls out his phone to show you a pic. In it, Tsukishima's revealed wearing his Karasuno volleyball team jersey.

Your eyes smile as you recognize your online best friend, unkowingly a small smile appears on your face once again

Your eyes smile as you recognize your online best friend, unkowingly a small smile appears on your face once again. "That's Kei."

Kunimi nods, understanding the connection between this situation and the one that had occurred with the middle blocker from Karasuno. "Everyone else calls him Tsukishima. He's a first year middle blocker at Karasuno high school. Didn't you know that?"

You blink a few times, taking in the new information. You shake your head slightly. "Tsukishima... Kei. Nice ring to it."

"L/n?" Kawanishi looked at you in concern.

You snap out of your train of thought, not realizing you murmured your thoughts out loud. "We never shared much other than our first names and the fact that I'm a first year manager for a boys volleyball team and that he's also a first year playing on a volleyball team."

Oikawa stepped closer to you, curiosity in the stare that has not once left your form. "Is there something going on between you two?"

You meet his gaze, your face flushing slightly at the realization of what his implication meant. "Hm? Wh-what? N-no. We haven't even met in person. We're just online friends." You look away as you felt more heat building in your face.

Tendou saw this as a golden opportunity to tease you. "Oh? What's this? Y/n-chan's stuttering and now blushing?"

You look up to glare, face glowing bright red. "AM NOT! Shut up Tendou!"

He takes his phone out and starts snapping pics of you. "Your face is bright red, Y/n-chan. Got something to share with everyone?"

You stand up and glare at all the guys. "Don't call me Y/n. It's L/n to all you. And I'm not blushing!"

"Then why's your face red?" Tendou smirked, finally able to get an actual reaction from you.

You huff out a breath and turn your back to the guys, voice raising in pitch with your rising anger. "It's not! Shut up!" You storm off, simply to get away from everyone.

Next time:

"I'm telling you, they think I like someone I just met online!

"Well, Y/n, based on what you've told me, it sounds like you don't have normal just friends feelings."

"Well, what do you think?"

"You might wanna think closer about your feelings. It sounds like you might have romantic feelings starting up for this Kei guy."

Up next: Best Gamer Friend to the Rescue!