Best Gamer Friend to the Rescue!

You sigh as you sit at your desk, the gamer set up all ready for you to finally play games. And, seeing as you have the free time, you decided to play online with your childhood best friend, who you've known your whole life and have always played games with.

"Hey, my dude. How ya been?" You smile as you relax in your seat and start the discord call with your closest friend.

He sighs on the other line. "Volleyball just takes so much time and energy. I haven't been able to play games much."

You giggle. "Tell me about it, Ken. I started being a manager for the guys team here at school. It's just been so exhausting."

"So I've heard. Your brother told me about how you were in the hospital after getting hit by a car. By the way, how are you doing now cuz of that?"

"Better. Let's not talk about that though."

Kenma sighs from his line. "Fair enough. So, anything new going on?" He casually begins a new conversation as the game you two chose loads up.

You begin the process of starting the game up, hesitating to voice your concerns. So you go for the roundabout method. "There's this new social app called Wave."

"Yeah, I know about it. I have my team using that for communication. My user is the same as the one I use for our private games."

"GamerCat?"

"Yup."

"Cool. I'm TechEagle, just added ya."

There's clicking on Kenma's line. "That was fast. Three other friends?"

You nod. "Yeah. The second year setter on my team, Shirabu. A friend of his from a team in Hyogo, Suna. And the other is a first year guy here in Miyagi but he goes to a different school and is a middle blocker on his team. Kei and I haven't met in person yet."

"Cool. What school does this Kei guy go to?"

"Karasuno. I think that's what some guys from Seijoh said."

Kenma's eyes widened, he looks at his other screen with his tab for Discord, looking at you since you both put your cameras on. "Karasuno?"

"Yeah. Why?" You also look at him on your other monitor, seeing an interested expression on his face.

He shrugs, focusing back on the game. "Nothing. So, what's going on between you and that guy?"

You sigh, also starting to play the game with Kenma. "I don't know. I had a weird reaction when other guys brought him up during the prefecture finals. And they made comments that were just ridiculous!"

Kenma raises a brow, looking at you from the corner of his eye while he still tries to concentrate on the game. "Like what kind of comments?"

"Like, I'm blushing and stuttering when talking about Kei. I was stuttering cuz I was taken by surprise that people would talk about him! And I wasn't blushing! Why would they even think that?!"

"Oh really?"

"I'm telling you, they think I like someone I met online!"

"Well, Y/n, based on what you've told me, it sounds like you don't have normal 'just friends' feelings."

"Well, what do you think?"

"You might wanna think closer about your feelings. It sounds like you might have romantic feelings starting up for this Kei guy." Kenma couldn't place a face to the name. He was trying to think of which Karasuno player might have the first name "Kei", but couldn't match a face to the name.

You sigh loudly. "It must be that way when even you say that. You're not known for being good with emotions yourself, Kenma."

"You're right. But I met someone recently that might've changed that."

"Kenma! Whatcha sitting at your computer for? Let's go practice!"

The pudding head groans. "Kuro, I'm playing online with a friend."

"Friend?" A taller guy with messy black hair comes into the view of the camera.

You glance at the screen, pausing to take in the new sight. You frown. "Who are you? And stop bothering Ken. This is my time with him. Go away."

"Wow, she reminds me of that tall blonde first year middle blocker from Karasuno."

"Shut up, Kuro."

Your eyes widened. "You met the Karasuno team? You know Kei?"

Kuroo looked at you through the screen. "You know that Tsukishima guy and Kenma? Who are you?"

Kenma frowned. "This is L/n Y/n. Our families are business partners and best friends. We've known each other our whole lives and are best friends. She also lives in Miyagi, where the Karasuno team also happen to be."

You nod, still not too keen on this new guy. "Hey. Only Ken and Kei can call me Y/n. It's L/n to you and everyone else."

Kuroo chuckled. "Just like that grumpy first year with the glasses! Ok, nice to meet you, L/n."

"Wish I could say the same. Now go away so Ken and I can play games."

Next time:

"What's with that face?"

"Shut up and go away."

Next up: No Reply?