2 Bored, 1 Convo

In the middle of the night during the weekend, you felt bored. And, like any other time you're bored, you go on your phone to find something to do. The first thing that came to mind? Message Tsukishima through Wave.

GlassMoon

Yo
Kei

Wut's up Y/n?

I'm bored

Same

Then lets talk
That'll be less boring

Ur not wrong

Is there a but?

No
It wouldn't be the worst thing to talk

Like
Text?
Or call?

I mean
Idc
I've already heard ur voice before

How?
When?

U were on a call with Hinata the other day
He had it on speaker the whole time
The entire team heard it

You screamed into your pillow. You had been unaware that other people aside from Kenma and Hinata had heard everything you said on that call.

Then an idea flashed through your head.

You called Tsukishima through Wave, starting it as an audio only call.

"So you call."

"Yeah. Hey, Kei." Your lips formed a smile the moment you heard his voice, it was beautiful the way it rang through your ears.

"First time we actually call. I've been getting used to just texting."

"I know. It's kinda weird. But it's also pretty nice to actually hear your voice for once."

"What, you like my voice? Developing feelings for me, are you?"

You frowned, unsure of that answer. Nonetheless, you would never admit to anything that would make you more like other people. "No. I just think it's a nice change to our friendship."

Tsukishima felt a slight pain in his chest at hearing those words. He himself didn't understand how he felt about you, but he felt slightly hurt that you only like him as a friend. "I guess."

"So how's your team?"

The boy on the phone snorted. "They're so annoying. Especially shrimpy and the king."

"Who?"

"Hinata and our first year setter, Kageyama."

"Oh. I mean, Shoyo can be a bit much for me at times. But he's usually bothering Kenma, so I just ignore it."

Tsukishima smiled a bit upon hearing that. "Understandable. Anyways, how did you meet Nekoma's setter?"

You paused. "Kenma? Our parents are friends so we've known each other since we were children."

You heard him let out a sigh on his end. "I see. So you two are just friends?"

Again, you hesitate to answer. This time you didn't know whether or not to tell him something you've never told anyone before. "Uh, well, yeah. That's how we see each other. But our parents have talked about arranging a marriage for us before."

Tsukishima's heart sank. "What?"

You quickly continue talking, as a way to reassure him that everything was alright. "Neither of us feel that way about the other. We are seriously just childhood friends. Ken and I don't want to get married. I promise it's nothing like that between us."

Smirk. "Oh? You're making promises to me now? What, do you want to marry me instead?"

You felt your face heat up at the thought. "I - uh... it- it's not like that! I barely know you! We haven't even met in person! I was just assuring you cuz you seemed upset when I mentioned the marriage thing!"

Tsukishima went silent briefly. "Oh, it's getting late. I'll be going to bed now. Night, Y/n."

"Oh, uh, night Kei."

And he hung up.

You sigh and immediately open up a message thread with someone you didn't think you'd talk to about feelings.

KenKen

Hey Ken
How do u know if u have romantic feelings for someone?

Idk
Y ask me?

Cuz ur my closest friend

K
Wut brought this on?

I think I have a crush on Kei

Wait wut

I said wut I said
Now help me

Idk how to do that!

Ken pls!

Just figure it out!
Gn

You sigh, knowing this wasn't gonna be fun.

Imma stop with the next time thing. I got a new phone and it's been an absolute pain with wattpad