4<>Uh-Oh<>4

*EDITED

"So, what do you think?" Asks Toby.

"Oh. My. God." I say, extending each word.

"Toby, this is gorgeous."

"Yeah, it is." I feel his intense gaze on me, and know he's not talking about the view. The lush green field is speckled with orange and purple flowers.

"You're looking at me."

"Why shouldn't I? Is it a crime to look at a beautiful girl?"

"Stop, you're making me blush." I say, heat rising in my face.

"I think that shade of pink suits you."

"Toby. I'm serious."

"And so am I."

Before I get a chance to reply, my phone goes off.

"Sorry, I have to take this." I say.

"No problem."

I walk a ways, until I doubt Toby can hear.

"Hey babe, where are you?" J asks.

"Not home."

"No, really. I found your note and your Mom said that maybe you were seeing your Dad, but when I went-"

"-I'm not home, alright?"

"Okay, I'm just worried." J sighs.

"I'm fine, just doing challenges and stuff like that."

"Okay."

"Listen, I have to go," I say, looking back at Toby, who's smiling and looking at the fields.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I was about to hang up, but I was stopped once more.

"Oh, and Ash?

"Hm?"

"I love you."

I'm not sure what happened, but the next thing I knew, I had hung up on J.

'What is going on?' I think.

I wander back over to Toby, only to find him lying on his back, looking up at the stars. I lie down next to him.

He turns his head towards me and smiles, the smile reaching his eyes. His gorgeous green eyes. Those eyes that make your heart melt.

Agh, what am I thinking?

"I heard that there's a good restaurant nearby." He says.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, and I was thinking we could go, you know, if you're hungry."

"I would love too." I say.

"Really?" He asks.

"Really. And I've been meaning to ask, why'd you bring me here?"

"This was the first real thing I've seen in Antarctica, and I wanted to show it to you."

"Well, it's lovely."

"Not as lovely as you." Toby says, propping himself up on one elbow, and facing me. I sit up, crossing my legs, looking at him. Wow, if only I had found this place earlier. I would come here every day.

Toby leans down and picks a flower. What's strange about this, is that the flower isn't purple or orange.

It's white.

It's as white as cotton, or a cloud on a sunny day.

He takes that flower send extends his arm, placing that strange white flower in my hair.