17<>Hate<>17

"Hey baby girl."

"Daddy!"

He lifts me up into his arms, and plants a soft kiss on my cheek.
Then minutes later my mom walks in holding Will in her arms as well. She walks over to my dad, giving him a kiss on his lips.

"Ewwwwe." Me and Will chime in.

Then i hear mom chuckle, and dad lifting me onto one of his arms, wrapping the empty one around my mom.

"Ashley!" Will exclaims

"Ashley!"

"Ashley!"

My eyes pop open and i stare right into Toby's eyes. I then look around my room and i see Danielle, and Sam standing around my bed with a worried look plastered on their faces.

Toby leans back and walks over to Danielle and Sam.

"Whats wrong?" I ask

Danielle looks over at Sam then at Toby.

"Guys whats wrong?" I ask again getting worried myself.

"Its the funeral home." Danielle says quietly

"Yeah what about the funeral home."

"Well there was another earthquake." Sam adds

"And..." I say standing up.

"The funeral home didnt make it during the earthquake."

"No, no, no." I repeat, tears springing to my eyes. I push past my friends, and run out my door, and rushing down the hall. I run to the fromt door and rip it open, walking out onto the front porch.

I then collapse onto my knees, my head hanging low in my hands, on my lap. My back shaking, not only from the cold nipping at my bare skin, but from the silent sobs coming out of me.

I feel a hand on the small of my back then another wrapping their arm around my stomach. They lift me up and then only do I realize it's Toby, from his smell of coffee, and Cologne.

I bury my head into chest and wrap my arms around his torso.

"I dont want to go back in there." i say into his chest.

"Then you dont have to. Where do you wan to go."

"Ice cream." i say looking up.

Toby grins then nods, pulling the front door closed and pulling my arms off his torso and grabbing my hand. We start walking down the steps.

Few minutes later were in the middle of the road walking to the parlor.

"Hold up." I say as i stop at the beginning if the sidewalk. I let go of his hand and walk back to the middle of the road, during a red light.

I tilt my head up at the sky, looking at the full moon."I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU MOTHER NATURE! AND I HATE YOU GOD! WHAT DID I WVER DO YOU? WHAT DID I do to make you do this to me." I yell collapsing onto my knees once again and sobing.

Toby runs over to me and pats my back. "Come on get up." He says

He grabs my hand, as i stand up, my knees wobbling making me feel like im gunna fall weak again.

But instead he leads me off the middle of the road and to the front window of the ice cream parlor.

Theres no one here besides the cars driving past and the ice-cream girl starring at me, with her eyes wide, like i just killed someone.

"We'll take the Monster Bowl." Toby orders.

The lady looks at Toby then back at me, then looking down at her paper writing down the order. She turns around to the ice cream dispensers and starts making the sundae.

"Order is ready." She calls a few minutes later. Toby hands her the money then grabs the bowl. I grab two spoons and a few napkins. We start walking down the street, not saying a word, just eating our ice cream.

We walk all the way to the lake, passing the bench, and walking down the peir stopping at the edge. Toby sets down the ice cream onto the dock and sits down with his feet dangling over the side. I follow his lead. I stick my spoon back into the bowl and leave it there.

"Sometimes I wish we could get even with God." Toby says out of nowhere

"Why do you say that."

"Well two reasons," He starts "one it hurts to see you hurt like this, two i lost my brother because of an accident."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it was when i was little i didnt really know him. Heck my parents didnt either. Because ,well he was never born." He says with a slight smile.

"I push back the ice cream bowl to the side, and slide over a little bit towards Toby. I place my hand on his thigh, and he covers my hand with his, intertwining our fingers. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Toby."

"Yes Flower."

"We can be sad together." I grin

"Oh Flower, what am i going to do with you."

"It's pretty obvious."

"Oh yeah."

"Yup."

Toby leans down, and kisses my cheek. We sit there watching the sun rise, to start the next day.

#Wattys2015
#JustDoIt
Wattpad