6<>Painful<>6

EDITED Too_Many_Fandoms1

--------------------------------

I guess I was really tired after all that crying, and after the accident, because later I woke up again and it was dark.

Will was still lying on my lap, but now he was sleeping. I look over, and my Mom's purse is gone. She must've had to leave.

Instead of waking Will up, I lay there some more, thinking.

'What is going on?

Why am I suddenly ignoring J?

What's up with Toby and I?'

I fall back asleep, these questions whirring around in my mind. Trying to find an answer.

An hour later, I wake up, but this time Will isn't sleeping in my lap. That's when I see a note right where his head had been.

Hey, I saw you sleeping and didn't want to wake you. I hope you're hungry, because next to you on the table is a plate of food. I'll be back around 3.

               Love you -Will

Okay, that explains why he's not here. I look over to my right to see a plate covered with a white lid on the table. I go to reach for it, and find I can actually grab it. Looking down at my right hand, I notice it doesn't have needles in it anymore.

After I finish eating the food Will brought, the doctor walks in.

He's a big, husky guy, with gelled up brown hair in little spikes, a tall build, and little stubs of hair covering his chin.

He looks at me and does a double take.

"Oh good, you're awake!" He beams.

"Yeah, I am."

"I see you just ate, how are we feeling today?" He asks pulling out a paper from his folder.

"Eh, I could be better. My arm is a little sore, and my ribcage hurts." I answer.

"Okay, I'll get a nurse to check out your ribcage and bring down some pain killers." He says reading over the paper.

"Thanks."

He walks out of the room, carrying the gray folder. A couple minutes later, a nurse walks in. The same lady that took the tube out of my throat.

"Hello, dear." She placing the folder on my bed.

"Hi." I respond

"The doctor tells me that your arm is sore and your ribcage hurts, correct?" She walks over to the sink, putting gloves on.

I nod.

"Okay, let's take a look. Lift up your shirt, please." She commands, walking over to me.

Luckily, I'm wearing some sweats and a sports bra under the hospital garment.

I lift up the hem of the garment and pull it over my head, careful not to strain my broken arm.

She then cups her hands around my waist and starts applying pressure. "Just tell me when I hit where it hurts."

Once she hits the weak spot, I yelp.

"Found it. Do you mind if I take an x-ray to look?" She asks.

"No, not at all." I answer.

"Great, I'll go get a room and get you in."

Then she walks out of the room, placing the gray folder in a little compartment near the door. A couple minutes later, she pops back into the room with a rolling bed.

"Just hop up here, and I'll roll you to the next room, okay?"

"Okay, thank you."I answer

"For what, hun?" She asks looking at me.

"For helping me."

"No problem. It is my job, anyway." She winks, as she helps me on the bed.

"Oh, yeah."

She straps me down, in case I fall over.

She then rolls me into a seperate room. She places a light-like machine over my ribcage, then shuts off the light and walks out.

I hear a quick buzz, and then the lady walks back into the room. She takes the machine away, and smiles at me.

"Okay, all good, I'm going to take you back to your room." She smiles.

"Okay, thanks again."

After she rolls me back into my room, she calls over my Mom and Will, then walks out, then back in with Mom and Will. Except this time, Will has a black eye.

"Will! Oh my God, what happened to your eye?" I frantically ask

"Nothing you need to worry about, sis." Will places his hand up in the air, meaning he's fine.

"Yes I do, Will."

He sighs, then starts talking. "I got into a fight."

"With who?" I practically shout, lifting my self back on my own bed.

"J." He mumbles.

"Oh my God," I gasp.

Before Will could start speaking again, the lady nurse cuts him off.

"Excuse me, but we have news about your ribcage."

"Oh, right, sorry." I reply.

"So, this morning, Ashley said that her ribcage was bothering her." She starts. "So I started feeling around her ribs." the nurse states, pointing out the spots that hurt around my ribs.
"I gave her some pain meds to help with the pain, of course." She takes a breath, "But I also took her to a seperate room for x-rays." She looks at me, now. "Ashley, I got your test results back. Would you like to know?" I nod. "Ashley Reyes, you have a failing lung, causing your ribcage to move, because you don't have enough joints in that area."

--------------------------------

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short, I just really wanted to end like this. I'm sorry if I make you sad for Ashley, but don't hate me please, just wait and keep reading, I promise it should (key word: should) get better, but things don't always go as planned for me. :)

#Wattys2015
#JustWriteIt
Wattpad