7<>Hey<>7

EDITED Too_Many_Fandoms1

​--------------------------------

The next thing I hear is a long, faint beep. I don't know what happened after that, since all I saw was blackness. Not blurry, not gray, not white, but just solid blackness.

"Dad, stop it, that tickles. Let go!" I yell. He keeps on squeezing my stomach. Is it possible to die from too much time with the tickle monster? I ask myself. "Dad, I have to go open presents, let me goooooo!" He lets me go, and I can finally breathe.

I walk over to Will and sit next to him. My Mom then pushes a plate covered with a lid over to me. My Dad reaches from behind me and removes the lid. After that, he lights the candles on top. Everyone breaks out singing, "Happy 7th to you, happy 7th to you, happy 7th dear Ashleeeeey... Happy 7th to you! Make a wish, baby girl!"

I take a big huff of air and blow out the candles. "Whoo!" they all cheer. Will leans down next to me. "What did you wish for?"

"I can't tell you."

"Aw, come on, why can't you tell your bro?" I smack his chest.

"Because then it won't come true." I hiss

"Come on, I'll tell you my wish on my 11th birthday." He begs.

"Fine, lean closer." I whisper in his ear, "I wish to graduate at age 9 and move out to live in the USA." I regret telling him that, because it never came true. On my 9th birthday, I was at school...

"So, I'm pretty sure you will all be moving to the next grade. Congrats." Calls out my teacher. I thought that once I left those school doors, a secret agent would come pick me up in a pink truck and drive me to the Jet Air to fly over to the USA.

What I thought was the truck leaving to Jet Air, was actually my Dad's ranger that he temporarily spray painted pink, and he just brought me home. I was so mad at Will that I never talked to him like I did when I was younger.

"Is she going to be okay?" I hear someone ask.

"She's going to be fine; she just had a panic attack."

My eyes blink open and I see people standing around me. I see Will, my Mom, and- no. That can't be.

"Danielle!" I choke out.

"Oh my God, she's awake!" Danielle calls out.

Then I get a huge bear hug from her.

"C-can't breathe." I whisper.

"Oh, right, sorry." She says, jumping off me and fixing my garment and hair. Huh, I wonder what I look like right now. Funny question.

"Hey honey, how are you?" Asks my Mom.

I then see the nurse head out the door. "Thank you," I call after her. She turns around, nods, then continues out the door.

"So, how are you feeling?" My Mom asks again.

"I'm good."

My Mom leaves the room, something about bills.

"So, what's new?" I ask Danielle.

"Oh my God, so much, but I don't want to talk about it here." She says, looking towards Will, giving me a sign that it's girly stuff.

"Okay, well how about over dinner tonight?"

"Sure." She giggles.

I feel my phone vibrate and looking down, freezing.

"What is it?" Asks Will.

"It's J."

"Oh God, J. WHat is he saying?" Squeaks Danielle.

"He's down at the cafeteria and he wants to see me." I answer. "Hey Danielle, will you take me down there?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll get the wheelchair."

She then grabs the wheelchair and I hop in.

"Be careful, please." Will warns.

It's different to see Will so protective. He's changed. He used to hate me.

"Let's go," I say as Danielle wheels me out.

We step into the elevator, and press 1. We're on the fifth floor, so it takes a while.

Once we make it to the first floor, we turn left, past the front desk. We pass more rooms and offices, but those are only check-in rooms. Nothing serious like the room I'm staying in. The rooms on the top floor are for patients who have to stay longer than a week, like me. They are also used for patients who are badly sick and might die, or patients who need to be in surgery ASAP.

We take one last turn, ending at two double door that are wide open. We step inside and I see him. I tell Danielle that if I give the signal, which is my right hand reaching for my leg, to call Will and tell him to come down.

"Hi," I say as I come closer to the table.

"Hey." He replies.

"So, you needed to talk?"

"Yeah, listen, I don't think the relationship is working out." He places his hands on the table.

"So you want to break up?"

He sighs and looks down at his hands. "Look, it's for the best, since you're in the hospital and I just got a new job. It's just, I don't think we'll be able to see each other as often as before." I take a deep breath and hold it in. I then bring my hands down from my lap, and let out my breath. I grab the wheel and start to back up.

"Wait, Ashley," He calls, standing up.

"Yes?"

"Maybe later, when things are better, we can get back together."

"I don't know, J." I choke out.

I start to turn around before he can see my cry. I roll over to Danielle, when she looks up, a tear rolls down my cheek, and she embraces me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Sunshine, I wish I could make it better." She says.

Just by her calling me my old nickname made me smile.

#Wattys2015
#JustWriteIt
Wattpad