18<>Falling Sky<>18

"On this day let the light shine high." the Preacher ends.

I walk up to the stand, with my fake smile, and tissue in hand.

"Hi, Im Ashley Reye, Loving daughter of-of Mr. and Mrs. Reye. I am also a sister to my big brother," I sigh "He has taught me so much, and I just wish he could have taught me more. I am truly sorry guys." I say looking down at the the casket, and the jar.

They only found my mother in that fineral home, so the decided to fake a jar of his ashes. Which is not very nice in a way.

"I know that i will forever try to find happiness, and return to my old life, except with a more interesting relationship." I smile then walk off the stand.

I walk over to the front row, and sit down in between Toby and Danielle. Toby grabs my hand and whispers in my ear. "Good job Flower."

"Okay so now if you would all please exit through that door, and go down the sidewalk there will be a Jesus and you must stand right there." Instructs a worker.

We all stand up and start leaving, to go to the burial. With Toby's arm around my back, and Danielle's hand in mine, with Sam holding onto Danielle, we're the last to leave. We walk down the path, when Toby stops and bends down to the ground. He stand back up, handing me a flower, a white flower.

"Remember that day in the field?" He asks

I nod my head, as he takes the flower and puts it in my hair.

"Remember the white flower?" He asks

I nod my head. "Of course."

"Good because this flower will help you."

I go to ask why but he places his lips on mine, then pulls back. "Its time come on."

Then we start walking again down the path. When we stop at the barial place, next to the Jesus statue, four men come walking up to us, with my parents. Another man walks over to us but this time with the jar.

They lift the caskets into the ground, next to each other. They them place the jar inbetween the two graves.

On the jar it says,

Will Marcus Reye
2007-2029
Brother and Son
In loving memory

On the graves it has writing too,

Gracie Crin Wilson-Reye
1979-2029
Wife and Daughter
In loving memory

Thomas James Reye
1973-2029
Husband and Son
In loving memory

I watch the men shovel dirt and then toss it in over top of the caskets. I miss them, so much. It's not right on what happened it never will be, but what i do know is my brother wouldn't want to me break down my barriers and fall apart.

I will notet my self get depressed over this. Im not alone. I have Toby, Danielle, and Sam. I aslo have hope.

"If we could all justt bow our heads and say a quick prayer." The priest says.

"In the father almighty, take some time of your busy day and come down to rejoice this fine group of people for th-"

I snap my eyes open and see the priest lying on the ground, on his stomach. One of the mens rush over to him. They call out his name and find no response. The check his neck for a pulse, but found none.

"Help me flip him over." One man says to another guy.

They both pick up a side and flip the priest over. What i see is unbearable to watch. This man just died from a splintering piece of glass.

I shut my eyes and turn around, burying my self into Toby's arms. He rubs my back in circles, when i feel a tiny hand in my shoulder. I look up to see Danielle. I grab her shoulders bringing her into a tight hug.

This is not right. Why is this happening. Where did the glass even come from. As far as I know theres no glass around us, only rocks.

"Do you know how this happened?" "Where did it come from?" "Are we going to die soon?" Everyone frantically yells out.

"Come on lets get in side." Sam says grabbing Danielle.

"Ya lets go." Toby agrees.

I grab Toby's around lean my head on his shoulder. He brings his hand up, and strokes my cheek, then kisses the spot.

After were back inside, and everyone calmed down a man ,that was helping the priest after the incident, spoke.

"We all are very devastated by what we just whitenessed out there. We all know this is truly unbelievable, that out of all people this would happen to a Father Rick."

Everyone bows there head, then starts to pack up their things.

"Well if this is gunna happen again im making sure i stay away from here." An older lady yells, standing up and stomping out.

"Yeah." another lady yells.

"I am not putting my family at risk, i am sure as hell gojng to the department of health and commenting about this." a man yells grabbing his daughter and picking her up, then walking out.

"Please, just settle down." the man at the front says.

I stand up and walk over to him.

"Don't worry it will get better."

#Wattys2015
#JustDoIt
Wattpad