Chapter Twenty: Yellow 1/2

"You really suck at this." Harley says to me as he wins the fifth game in a row, I purchased a play station and some football games for Harley to play because I've noticed he doesn't have a hobby. I like to read, write, bake, and even sing. He just works, watches the occasional movie with me but nothing that he does for him on his spare time. When he gets spare time.

"Says the football player." I scoff as I throw the remote down giving up on trying to beat him and in need of a refreshment.

As I open the fridge door my phone goes off. I scrunch my eyebrows in wonder at who it could be. Finnic was ignoring me and even though we had made up with my mother she had still been keeping her distance because she's been stuck up Ganders behind.

I take the phone from my back pocket and seen a message from an unknown number.

Unknown : Thats a pretty yellow shirt.

My chest starts to heave up and down from the adrenaline pumping through my body. I look around me hoping this was some sick joke and Sara or Natalie were standing outside of the window, I have both of their numbers, though. Making that possibility unlikely but I needed to cling to something that wasn't the truth. I pulled the curtains back and peaked into the front yard so see a car scurrying away quickly.

My breath quickens and I run to Harley trying to catch my breath, I toss the phone into his lap. he is taken off guard but once he sees the teas leaking from my eyes, he picks up the phone and reads the message that is still on display. I watch as his jaw tenses and untenses.

He stands up quickly and starts to tug me up the stairs. We go into his room, and I'm struck with a form of remembrance as I kissed his brand in that bed.

My skin was itching knowing that he was looking at me. The yellow shirt burning holes through my walls I kept rebuilding. I pull my grasp out of Harleys arm and tug my shirt over my head, not even caring that Harley was right in front of me.

I just needed the fabric off of me, needed the 'pretty shirt' off of my flesh before it actually scolded me.

My chest was heaving from all of the emotions swirling around inside of me looking for a way out of my body. I fan my face trying to will air into my lungs so that the panic could subside, and I could breathe again. I was already feeling lightheaded from hyperventilating.

Harley guided me to the bed before he strides to his closet no doubt getting me a shirt. I feel bad for stripping in front of him, maybe I didn't make him to uncomfortable all I could think about was getting it off.

He walks to me, and the hyperventilating has calmed down and I'm glad that I didn't go into I full blown panic attack. They were always so exhausting. I hold my hand out waiting for him to hand me the shirt, but he just pushes my hands down and steps closer, so that he is standing between my legs. I pushes the t-shirt over my head and guides my arms into the right holes as if I were a child, but I didn't mind that he was fussing over me right now, I needed it.

His cold fingers glide over my skin as he guides the shirt down to my waist. It was humongous on me but there was a sense of belonging int wearing it. This was as close to Harley as I could get.

"Don't fret over this." He strokes my wild hair back out of my face, pushing it behind my ear. "We knew it was coming, I promise I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure he never lays his hands on you ever again. He's getting bolder, it won't be long before he messes up and Ben will demolish them, all of them." He says as he lets his hand slide down to my neck, his thumb resting on my pulse point, making me tilt my head up to him.

Then he takes his thumb and brushes it against my bottom lip slowly before pulling away all together and heading for the door. "W-where are you going?" I ask softly not wanting him to leave just yet.

"To make a call, I'll be right back." He walks out of the door, and I fight the urge to go ease drop because I knew it would just stress me out even more, so I settle into the comfy bed that is covered in Harley's heavenly scent helping sooth my nerves even more.

I cover myself up deciding this was where I wanted to take a nap, crashing from exhaustion.

-.-.-.-.-
Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you❤️