Chapter Twenty- Eight: Live Dont Just Survive 1/2

Harley's P.O.V

The entire world was spinning, I couldn't even fathom an emotion that wasn't rage at this moment. I was going to kill every single one of them with my bare hands. Watch the life drain out of them. Humanity is damned, not being like Ben is damned. Maybe the old fucker was on to something. Maybe you do have to kill your way through life.

Vickers had taken the two people in my life that were my only way of moving on in life. He had kidnapped my sister after sneaking past Gale and he took Maddie after pummeling Jared. They wanted to mess with the ones so loved and they were going to get everything ai had to give.

If I die tonight, it would be worth it. If I took my last breath protecting or now avenging them, then so fucking be it.

I don't know how Maddie would fare losing me after I finally admitted just how bad I wanted her, nor do I know how Dixon would feel losing a brother she just got reacquainted with.

All I knew was that the son of a bitches that laid hands on them would die tonight. They were going to die even if ai had to go with them.

"Ben," I say through the phone.

"Harley?" He sounded like he had been asleep right before he got on the phone. I even heard bed sheets rustling in the background.

"They've taken Maddie and Dixon. They messaged me with a ransom. I'm going to go meet them, look after them will you?" I knew he knew what I was implying, he knew that ai meant ai wasn't going to let them get away with it this time even if it meant my life.

"I'm on my way. Where are you meeting them at?" He was hassling for breath running around in his room. If I didn't know any better I would think the man sounded worried, but how could he be worried when he was the one that wanted to wait? He was the one that needed to see proof of their betrayal before he or his men would act on it. Now they had Maddie and Dixon.

I'm not going to be able to control myself if he's laid a hand on them. Maybe I can control my anger enough to make sure that Vickers goes down with me first. I could throw myself out there for slaughter without making sure he was dead first. His buddies can come after him but he was going to be the first person I ever killed because he needed it.

I don't know why my skin was all itchy and why I felt like I was running out of time. I felt like I couldn't get to this spot soon enough.

After what felt like ages I pull up into the parking lot of an abandoned warehouse on the edge of town. It would be the perfect spot for them to flee without us knowing which exact direction they went in or where they were headed.

They've thought this through and probably have been planning this for months. While Ben had us sitting on the sidelines they had been planning to kidnap them and use them to get the money they needed to flee the county. I wasn't dumb I knew that a couple of his club members were due to go to court for drug trafficking and Vickers wasn't willing to part with them.

That fetal decision would soon prove to be the wrong one. They thought I would come alone because they said they would kill the girls if I didn't but as soon as The Voiceless showed their faces those boys would betray Vickers and run. They didn't hold a strong connection as our clubhouse did. No, they were just a bunch of criminals banding together for the illusion of strength. Vickers just so happened to be their worthless leader.

When they fled, he would stay because he had too much invested in this.

They weren't here yet and I was overcome with a helpless feeling and my stomach felt queasy, why do I already feel like I lost them?

Finally, after ten minutes of me shuffling around in the seat, watching the surroundings to see if they had anyone watching the location to tell them when I was there. They pull in ten cars deep. All of them are full of The Forefather members. I glance over all of them trying to guess which one they were in. Contemplating why they bring all of their men wasn't necessary until Vickers guessed that The Voiceless would follow me, and he assumed his men would fight and win against them. Was he insane? The Voiceless members had three times as many members.