Prologue: Teth

"They are here!" Skye yelled as she scrambled into the room.

Rose, who was sitting at the table, calmy eyed the pink Gungan. "Who is here, Skye? You will have to be more specific than that."

Skye, trying to catch her breath, pointed out the door. "The Empire. They have finally come. What do we do?"

Rose hung her head. Blasted! Rose thought. Why now? Rose let out a sigh before saying, "We knew this day might come, although the timing is rather unfortunate. We can only hope for a peaceful resolution. We have worked too hard to keep this village free from tyrants only to lose it to another. I will go."

After she said this, a man scurried down the stairs of the hut and tried to ask what had happened but was soon cut off by Rose. "Keiran, take the kids to Kenz's hut on the other side of town. Stay there with them until I come to get you."

Keiran tried to voice his objections but was immediately silenced by one look from Rose. The man did as he was told and ushered their three children out of the hut and toward the outskirts of town.

Rose eventually stood up and made her way to the doorway. She stepped outside and into the center of the small village. Other villagers had begun to gather outside their huts, looking toward the sky.

Above the village was a massive Imperial-class Star Destroyer seeming to hang in the air. The underside of the dagger-shaped cruiser was painted with the image of a wolf-like creature staring down at the village. The people watched as the ship slowly moved closer. Out of the lower hangar dropped two small fighters followed by a shuttle. The sound of the Imperial fighters could be heard in the distance as they got closer. A few seconds later, the ships screamed over the village stirring up dust.

Rose rubbed her eyes, trying to regain her vision. As the dust settled, the Imperial shuttle landed in the center of the village. The ramp of the ship slowly lowered, revealing two lines of stormtroopers. A dozen white-clad troopers exited the craft and formed rows on either side of the ramp. Next to emerge from the shuttle was a tall woman wearing a spotless white uniform adorned with various signets indicating her rank. She had dark brown hair tied up in a bun.

The woman approached Rose who had made her way to the front of the crowd. "I wish to speak to the leader of this village." The woman had a somewhat deep voice that initially intimidated Rose.

After overcoming an initial stutter, Rose finally spoke up. "This village has no leader. We are a peaceful farming settlement and would like nothing more than to stay that way. Nevertheless, I, Rose Dixon, will speak on its behalf."

"How brave of you," the woman responded. "Do you have a place in which we may talk in private?"

Rose nodded and motioned for her to follow.

Rose led the way toward the hut she called home, passing by the half destroyed escape pod still sitting in the courtyard. She entered first followed by Skye. Behind them, their mysterious visitor entered, accompanied by two of her soldiers. Rose took a seat at the head of the table while Skye sat next to her. The other woman motioned for her troopers to stay at the door. She eventually made her way to the table and took a seat.

Rose was the first to speak up saying, "What do I owe the pleasure Ms. what was your name?"

The woman chuckled before responding. "My name is Grand Admiral Leneh Rod of the Imperial Navy. And the reason for my visit is quite simple. All I require is some information. Tell me what I need to know, and I will leave your insignificant village alone."

Rose shuddered. The calm, formal tone that Leneh used was intimidating. What could she be after? Rose gulped before responding. "What is it you would like to know, Admiral?"