Chapter 32

"Attention on the bridge!" a voice yelled.

Every person on the bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer Kaali seemed to tense up before rising to their feet. The phrase was only used when one person was making an entrance.

Grand Admiral Leneh Rod, ultimate commander of the Imperial fifth fleet, slowly walked onto the bridge. She moved step by step until coming to a stop in the middle of the bridge. All eyes were on her.

Her usual bridge officers consisting of Sensor Officer Sible, Weapons Officer Tate, and Captain Torr Siva watched from their stations. Toward the entrance of the room, stood three guests aboard the warship. On one side stood ISB Supervisor Ja-que Aga and Governor McCart Henning while on the other side stood the Inquisitor.

The room was silent, almost everyone holding their breath. Leneh relished it. Being in command of so many was where she felt most at home. She glanced around the room, silently taking note of everyone in attendance.

After a deep breath, the Grand Admiral broke the silence. "All of you know for what reasons we are here today but many of you fail to grasp the importance of this moment. Rebellion cannot exist without the perpetrators in some way feeling that they are justified. These rebels believe in anarchy and the destruction of the galactic authority that our Emperor has worked so hard to build. Today is the day where we show the galaxy what happens when this authority is challenged by terrorists who want nothing more than to plunge the galaxy back into a state of disarray. We must be the ones to end this conflict so that other groups challenging Imperial authority will think twice before moving against the Empire. That, my colleagues, is our mission today."

The room remained silent yet, something had changed. The facial expressions in the room now demonstrated one emotion: determination. Leneh was pleased with the effect her words had on the group.

Her next move was toward the crew pit where she looked down to the station of the sensor officer. "Lieutenant Sible, I trust that you have something to report."

"Yes, Grand Admiral," Sible said while looking down at a data pad. "All scans indicate that there is a small rebel encampment on the surface of the moon. We have detected three frigates and multiple star fighters still stationary in a small landing field adjacent to the encampment. The entirety of the rebel base is situated under a deflector shield."

"Very good," Leneh replied before walking back toward the center of the room. "Captain Siva, prepare the weapon and have Commander Cyad's unit on standby. I will lead a ground assault on the base and finish the rebels."

Torr Siva acknowledged the order before briskly leaving the bridge. Leneh went to finish her orders when she was cut off by Supervisor Aga.

"What a foolish strategy," he said while stepping in front of her.

The taller woman simply glared at him. "I suppose you have a better suggestion."

"Orbital bombardment," he replied sternly. "Maximum destruction with no Imperial casualties."

Leneh glanced around the room while she thought of a response. Finally, she let out a sigh before walking to the starboard side of the bridge where the weapons station was. "Lieutenant Commander Tate, let us test the Supervisor's strategy. Commence full scale orbital bombardment of the base."

The weapons officer acknowledged the order and soon both the Kaali and the Allegiant were sending concentrated sprays of lasers toward the small moon. Leneh moved to the front of the bridge to watch the spectacle where she was soon joined by the Supervisor and Governor.

A few minutes later, Leneh had seen enough. "Cease fire," she shouted across the bridge. "Report!"

Sible was quick to pop her head out of the crew pit. "The rebel's shield has held," she reported.