Chapter 5

"Lightsaber building time?" Lena asked as she admired the crystal still emanating a faint purple glow.

Rhodes laughed as he put back on his tan trench coat. "You want us to sit on an Imperial occupied planet while you learn how to build a lightsaber? Did you not listen to Master Dew's teachings about patience."

Lena quickly reconsidered her words when the sounds of explosions could be heard in distance as the Empire continued to bomb the mountains. "Fine, but as soon as we leave, we build my lightsaber. Where are we going next?"

Rhodes moved over to one of the fold-out cots on the wall. He pulled it down and pressed on a seemingly blank spot on the wall. A small drawer popped out of the wall next to his hand. From the drawer he pulled out a small cube, about the size of his palm. "Not sure yet. This holocron will tell us."

Lena eyed the cube suspiciously unsure how it worked. She chose not to ask any more questions but instead, watch to see what Rhodes would do. Rhodes set the holocron down in the center of the cargo hold sitting cross-legged in front of it. Lena moved to the other side of the holocron and also took a seat. She watched Rhodes as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

The holocron slowly rose into the air, its eight corners twisting to the sides, making the object into a complex polyhedron instead of a cube. Lena watched in amazement as the eight corners split off the holocron, flying in different directions, eventually stopping a couple meters from where they came. Once in place, a map of the galaxy appeared in front of them, occupying the space inside the levitating corners.

Rhodes opened his eyes to see Lena looking around in amazement. "The holocron is an ancient Jedi device used to store knowledge. Along with recordings, instructions, and coordinates, the holocron contains an expansive collection of star charts. Back at the height of the Jedi's power, we had various outposts scattered across the galaxy that we refer to as temples. Only by accessing a holocron through the Force will their locations be revealed."

As he was saying this, the map was slowly zooming in and out on various sectors of the galaxy finally coming to a stop near where they were. Out of the many dots on the map only one was orange with the rest blue. A big grin spread across the face of Rhodes as he noticed the highlighted planet.

"What is it?" Lena asked in an enthusiastic tone.

"Iridonia!" Rhodes yelled. "It all makes sense!"

Lena sat still with a puzzled look on her face. "What makes sense?" She asked while raising an eyebrow.

Rhodes jumped to his feet as the holocron deactivated, returning to its cubic state. "Master Dew and I discovered an ancient Jedi temple when we were on a mission to Iridonia! I completely forgot about it. Hunter, set a course for Iridonia. Once we are clear of the Star Destroyer, I want to make the jump."

Before Lena could ask any more questions, Rhodes was already in the pilot's chair. Lena joined him in the cockpit as the Kestrel lifted into the air. The ship ascended until it was clear of the crater. The storm had disappointed, revealing the icy surface of the planet. "We are going to have company real soon with the storm gone. Angle forward deflectors. We are going to try to blow by that Destroyer."

Lena acknowledged the command and did as she was told. The Violet Kestrel sliced through the cold air, making for the atmosphere. Before the Empire noticed the ship, the light freighter was already bearing down on the Star Destroyer. A group of TIE fighters eventually dropped from the cruiser heading right at them. The ventral canons on the Kestrel activated, sending a spray toward the fighters, causing them to split up. With the TIE fighters out of their way, Rhodes flew his ship under the Star Destroyer. Now, the path was completely clear, and Hunter began chirping in excitement.