Chapter 12

"Tracking frequency 1181755," Abie said to her trusty companion BO-Z. The seeker droid let out a few beeps before displaying a galaxy map on the screen in front of Abie. The tracking beacon was pinging off the Pantora system. "I hope he is on Pantora. I am not dressed for Orto Plutonia. Can't you get more specific BO-Z?"

The droid let out a short couple of beeps in response.

"What do you mean we need to get closer?" Abie retorted.

The droid defended itself once more before Abie finally dropped the issue. "I guess we just need to get to the system and find out. Calculate the jump to the Pantora system."

BO-Z did as instructed and the hyperdrive engines powered up. Once the calculations were complete, the A-wing accelerated into hyperspace, leaving the atmosphere of Teth far behind.

The journey seemed to drag along for what seemed like forever. Abie was anxious about seeing Rhodes again. She had lost track of how many times she had tried to convince him to join her rebel group. This time felt different though.

Before the Teth job, she only thought of Rhodes as an exceptionally skilled bounty hunter only in it for himself. Back then, she never had much hope of him actually joining. As much as she wished he conducted himself better, she understood. Rhodes had lost everything in the blink of an eye. Everyone he trusted either betrayed that trust or was killed shortly thereafter. Now, the Empire continues to hunt surviving Jedi. Abie could only assume that they didn't know he survived, or they would have been hunting him too. After hearing that the Empire knew about him, Abie felt that she should at least warn him. Maybe with this knowledge he will want to fight back. Even if he doesn't, she would understand if he would rather go into hiding.

All of these thoughts and more spun around in Abie's head as she neared the Pantora system. Her thoughts were interrupted when BO-Z issued a flurry of beeps, indicating their arrival.

The small, one-man fighter jutted out of hyperspace against the backdrop of the ice planet of Orto Plutonia. "Alright BO-Z, where is he?"

The droid once again displayed a map in front of Abie. This time the tracking beacon was pinging on the edge of the capital city on Orto Plutonia's moon.

Abie let out a sigh of relief before saying, "Good, he is on Pantora. C'mon BO-Z, let's go find us a Jedi." After saying this, Abie accelerated her ship toward Pantora.

Rhodes was first to leave the Kestrel, followed by Lena who walked next to Hunter. Timber brought up the rear holding a blaster rifle in his arms while sporting the helmet he had borrowed from Rhodes.

The team walked through the city until coming up on a lot full of speeders. Rhodes stopped and turned to face the team. "You all wait here. I will go rent us a speeder so we can look the part when we arrive at the palace."

Rhodes entered a small hut that stood in the middle of the lot. After renting a speeder, Rhodes exited the hut and motioned for the others to follow him. He led the team to a dark green land speeder with four seats and three thrusters on the back. "Timber, you should drive, seeing as though I am supposed to look rich. Lena will sit with me in the back, and we can set Hunter in the front."

Timber let out a groan as he plopped down in the driver's seat. "Fine, I'll be a chauffeur too."

Rhodes shrugged off his comment and went to lift Hunter into the passenger's seat. He strained as he lifted the droid over the side. Hunter let out some chirps, clearly taking joy in Rhodes' struggle.

Once everyone was situated, Timber piloted the speeder out of the city.

Gran-we's palace sat in the hills outside of Pantoran City. The compound was extravagant, featuring two above ground stories with a balcony stretching around the entirety of the building. The complex as a whole sprawled out across a ridgetop overlooking the capital city.