Chapter 16

The shuttle sat down in the desolate hangar alongside the Violet Kestrel and Abie's A-wing. This was probably the most ships this hangar had seen in months.

As the ship was landing, Manaka could be seen marching out of her office. Abie was first to disembark, walking over to the woman. "Oh, it's you! How did the job go? Is the girl safe?"

Abie shrugged before looking back to the shuttle. She pointed to Asteray who had just gotten off the ship, escorted by Timber who was discussing something with her. "The girl is being safely returned to her home. It may be wise for you to go into hiding. I definitely betrayed Gran-we so I'm sure you will be in hot water."

Manaka's eyes went wide before she turned around and ran to the office.

Abie laughed and turned to see Rhodes waiting patiently. Her face reverted to a serious expression before saying, "We should probably get into space and talk then. There is no telling when Gran-we's goons will show up here."

Rhodes gave her a nod before looking toward the Kestrel. "Very well. Go wait by my ship. I need to wrap things up with Timber."

Rhodes turned back to where the others were waiting. A wide smile was plastered across Timber's face as he was talking to Asteray. It seemed like the two knew each other, although Timber only claimed to know her father. Then again, Timber was rather personable, so it was no surprise he had made a friend.

The clone noticed Rhodes and extended a hand. The two shook hands as Timber said, "Thanks a bunch Commander Rhodes. Once we return Asteray to her village we will get paid."

Rhodes stuttered for a second, still annoyed at being called commander. He chose not to say anything and instead got to the point. "We were never in it for the money so you should have the reward. It seems like Lena and I are being called away on another adventure. Keep the shuttle we stole since you managed to lose yours."

Timber was still grinning as he glanced toward the shuttle. "You got it, Commander. I do hope our paths cross again."

"As do I," Rhodes said, not really sure if he meant it or not. Even though they had just pulled a successful job together didn't mean Rhodes was over what Timber had done in the past, regardless of who was at fault.

Asteray thanked the Jedi before returning to the shuttle, ready to go home. Rhodes gave her a nod before turning toward the Kestrel, motioning for Lena and Hunter to follow.

Abie's A-wing was already magnetically fastened to the top of the Kestrel. "I guess she is riding with us again," Rhodes muttered to Lena who seemed confused by the whole thing.

"But we haven't agreed to join her."

"I guess she is confident that we will. Let's just hear her out."

The group approached the ship while the other shuttle could be heard taking off behind them. "Hunter, get us into space. Abie, since it seems like you are accompanying us, we can talk in the ship."

The group boarded the small freighter with Rhodes boarding last. "Lena, you can change out of that outfit in the back while Abie and I talk upfront." Lena nodded before heading for her old clothes.

Rhodes sat down in his usual pilot's seat but let Hunter control the ship. Abie took a seat next to him as the ship lifted into the air. "So, what's the deal Abie? How did you find us?"

Abie tried to avoid eye contact as she reached into her pocket. She produced a small device and handed it to him. "I had a little help. When I realized I needed to find you, I went back to Teth and asked Rose and Skye how they found you before. Here is the data pad that they gave me. There is a tracking beacon somewhere on this ship that I followed. This device will help you find it."