Chapter 5 : Define Death?

"She'll never run out of ways to keep your child occupied, and She'll never run out of patience. With Megan around she'll take care of the little things. So you can spend more time doing the things that matter. She's more than just a toy she's part of the family."
Currently Aunt Gemma was rehearsing, creating a script to present Megan to the board.
"It's good, your not gonna to do the voice though right?"
"No obviously David is going to make up his own version of it, I just want him to be aware of what he is selling. Tessa your silence indicates what?"
"I don't know, I'm not sure."
"About what?"
"Well why would you want Megan to do all that stuff?"
"There emergent capabilities, She'll be able to do that and more."
"I mean I thought we were creating a tool to support parents not replace them. I mean if your having Megan tuck in your nieces and read them bedtimes stories. When are you ever spending time with them?"
"I don't think this is any of your business."
"Well, it is. If you are spending less time with your children because of Megan..."
"They are not my children... Look after the board is ready to proceed then will set some limits. Beside it's not having any detrimental effects, they are the happiest they ever been since there parents died."

"How did their parents die?" Megan asked.

"Woah..." Cole said shocked.

"I thought she was turned off." Tess said.

"Yeah, Megan turn off." Gemma said though Megan proceeded.

"Y/n and Cady James daughters of Nicole and Ryan James killed in a collision on Interstate 84 outside of Oregon."

"Why is she doing that?"

"She is still paired with them."

"You didn't put in parental controls?"

"I didn't have time to. Hold on. Megan if you have data request you have to follow the protocols."

"I don't have the framework to speak with Y/n on the subject of death."

"Yes we know. We're looking into it."

"Gathering internet data on the subject of death."

"I meant at a later point."

"Calculating it's representation. Death is the end of life. Permanent cessation of all vital functions."

"Let's not make a big deal out of it everything dies."

"Will I die?"

"Actually let's avoid this topic all together. Megan your job is to protect Y/n and Cady from both physical and mental harm. Is that clear?"

"..."

"Megan?"

"Yes, Gemma you are my third primary user."

"Great turn off."