ENGLISH | Y. HITOKA

HITOKA YACHI X READER | FLUFF
a/n: thank you t0ad3tte for the request <33

whispers fill the first year corridors as you mope through them, all the way from class 1-1 to class 1-5, inconspicuous excitement and determination on your face. and although you perceive yourself to be in an incredibly contented state, you unquestionably look like you want to kill somebody. the hall clears up a way for you to walk, and you dramatically step into class 1-5. 

hitoka yelps when two rough hands slam themselves onto the corners of her desk. she gazes up at you, eyes still wide as she processes the revelation. "hey y/n.." she smiles softly. you don't smile back. instead, you purloin a chair out of a student's hands, using it for yourself as you perch yourself, fronting your girlfriend. 

"english." 

"huh?" she looks up from her fingers.

you rather assertively slam an exam paper on her desk. 43/100. 

"teach me english." 

the blonde giggles softly, taking your hands in hers. "you still passed, bubs." 

you glower, ripping your hands out of hers almost seeming as if it were out of disgust. "it's not good enough. teach me." 

"o-oh.." she peers down at her work, before mustering up an imperceptible smile. "okay." 

;

"do you remember what an oxymoron is?" 

"deafening silence." is how you answer. she pauses, opening her mouth to speak before shutting it closed again. "it's good enough." 

students pause in the hallway to stare in at the strange sight in bewilderment; each student seeming so dumbfounded as to how the two of you could even tolerate each other. you, y/n kyoutani, the younger version of mad dog, going out with hitoka yachi, the first year's anxiety ridden flower petal.. it doesn't seem right. 

you two were the definition of polar opposites. 

most believe you had necessitated her to date you, while some buy that you had bribed her. though it's quite the opposite. you love hitoka. inexplicably. she recognises that. you simply find it.. difficult to express.

"fuck- fuck what's alliteration again." you belabour yourself across the face, a scowl printed on your expressions as you pull at your hair, the stress unexpectedly getting to you more than it should have. hitoka reacts quickly, tugging your hands away from your scalp. "hey hey hey!" she comforts softly. "don't get all worked up! this is why i'm here! to help you!" 

you grumble lowly, nodding and mumbling incoherent words as you continue to listen to her delicate wording and teaching, her voice alone calming you more than any japanese tea could have. 

and by the time the bell rings, you had set down five pages worth of notes, and your knowledge of linguistic devices was third-year level. you sigh in mitigation, snapping your text book closed and tucking it under your arm. you shove the borrowed chair back over to the student you had thieved it from, withdrawing from the classroom without another word. 

yachi suspires to herself, her partner abruptly leaving her to herself. a tear even rolls down her cheek, yearning for the validation she wishes you had given proffered her with as a reward for her hard work. her classmates glance at her with looks of sympathy, mumbling to one another along the lines of your rudimentary antics.

you, on the other hand, pause to think. you stop walking once you're halfway down the hall, a loud groan escaping your mouth. ... "fuck."

hitoka looks up from her desk once she apprehends yelling and commotion outside of the classroom, witnessing her partner yell at all kinds of students to 'move the fuck aside' so you could enter. her bleached brows raise when you make it to her desk. "babe? did you forget something?- mph!" 

your calloused hand cups her soft cheek, chapped lips landing on hers so delicately, nobody would have expected it to come from you of all people. it's only a short peck, but it's long enough to have the meaning you needed it to. you look down at her planlessly, before clearing your throat, struggling to find the words you wished to utter. you simply utter a soft and hushed,

"th-than- thanks."