3 AM | T. KEI

KEI TSUKISHIMA X READER | FLUFF
a/n: this is basically just drunk kei being a complete softie throughout this entire chapter

it's approximately 2 am when your phone rings.

in a half-asleep daze, you thrash your hand around for your phone, trying to switch off your what was once a cute and calming, now incredibly annoying ring tone.

but you pause when you read the contact name.

"yamaguchi?"

"y/n?" yamaguchi's voice returns.

"what is it? do you know what time it is?" you yawn, beginning to doze off already as you wait for an answer. the connection appears to be unstable, you remember the text you had received from him earlier yesterday. the sound of loud music begins to drown out, until you can only hear shuffling through the speaker.

"it's kei."

you shoot up and prop yourself behind your pillows. worry shoots through you as you wrack your brain for possibilities of what your arrogant, some what narcissism-driven fiance could have gotten himself into.

he had told you earlier that day that he was going to go clubbing, a reunion with his old karasuno teammates. and you weren't worried whatsoever. kei is the opposite of a light weight. but sometimes, even if he goes just a little bit above his limit, all hell breaks loose.

did he try to square up with someone who got in his way? did someone tease him too much? did he-

"it's nothing bad!" yamaguchi almost reads your mind. "he just keeps asking for you. and i figured i'd drag him out before he humiliated himself in front of the guys."

you hum, and almost on queue, an uncharacteristic whine comes from kei in the background. "is that y/n? i want to talk to them..! give me the phone!"

"i can tell." you smile softly.

"give me the phone-" shuffling once again fills the speaker, and once again, it stops. "my love~" kei sighs in relief, hearing you giggle softly. "hello baby. having fun?" "yeah! a lot!"

"is there anything you need?"

"you... now. ...please."

your heart melts. but at the same time it drops. "what's the matter sweetheart?" you coo softly, and you already know kei is pouting like an idiot on the other side of the line. "i wanna go home.." he sounds desperate, melancholic almost. and the blonde himself knows how he can tug at your heartstrings.

"could you give me the phone to yamaguchi, baby?"

"no!" he whines, pressing the phone against his face so yamaguchi couldn't take it off of him. "i'm going to pick you up, kei. give the phone back to yamaguchi so i can tell him."

"will i get to see you?"

"if you give the phone back to yamaguchi, you will."

there's no response, only shuffling. "y/n?" "text me the address," you slip your jacket on and grab your keys, holding your phone against your shoulder as you step into your shoes. "i'll be there as soon as i can."