PATHETIC | T. KEI

3RD YEAR KEI TSUKISHIMA X M!READER | ANGST, FLUFF
a/n: thank you Sherman116 for the request <33
trigger warning: mentioned suicide

"oh well would you look at that! mr top student, managed to somehow, get 49% on his test! how pathetic.. i guess he isn't as smart as he's cut out to be~"

you sit at your desk at the window, staring down at your maths paper. you're humiliated. shocked, even. and of course, kei tsukishima had to rub the salt into the wound. your eyes are blown wide as you frantically page through your exam, trying to find a mistake. a false marking. a misunderstanding. 

but no. 

there were none. 

and you walk out of class 3-6 with a failed examination in hand. "tsukki.. don't you think that was kind of mean?" you hear as kei and his childhood friend yamaguchi promptly exit the classroom too. kei scoffs and adjusts his glasses. "of course not. he can take it." 

tears brim your eyes as you dash out of the gates, back home. you hang your head low, and the pit in your stomach only grows as you near your home. 

kei watches from afar, noticing the tear that rolls down your cheek and onto the pavement. he rolls his eyes, and takes out his headphones from his bag. he clicks his tongue. "pathetic."

kei walks into school the next day after practice, sitting himself down in his usual window seat. he peers towards you sitting next to him, sleeping with your head in your arms, facing him. your hair is messy and the bags under your eyes are apparent. kei creases his brows. but the only thing he does is slightly push your face away to face away from him. 'gross.' he thinks to himself. 

you sleep throughout every lesson. the teachers begin to care less about attendance once you reach your third year, and you care less about it too. nobody bothers to wake you at lunch. nor does anybody bother to check up on you. you sleep through the entire day, and wake up at nightfall. 

the classrooms are dark, and the halls are empty. "fuck." you mumble, dragging yourself through the halls, down the stairs and towards the exit. the air is so cold, it makes you shiver and hug your arms. you walk past the bike stand, and you pause once you stop at the gym. the sound of volleyballs and squeaky shoes fill your senses. 

you gently slide open the metal door, and at once, all eyes are on you. "uh-m.. sorry. is it okay if i stay here for a while? it's really cold." you look towards the captain. he gives you a warm smile, and runs over to take your things from your frail body. "does he have to? he's such a burden." kei comments as he walks past. yamaguchi glares at him. "of course! here, yachi will sit next to you." you bow to the best of your ability, and follow yamaguchi towards her. 

"hey, y/n." yachi grins, patting the spot next to her. "how come you aren't home? it's late." "i.. fell asleep." you murmur, making yourself comfortable on the chair. "oh.. i see. well, feel free to sleep if you need! i'll wake you when practice is over." you nod, and the moment she stops talking, you find yourself drifting off again.