SIDE BY SIDE | Y. HITOKA

THIRD YEAR HITOKA YACHI X (MASCULINE-ISH) FEM!READER | FLUFF
a/n: thank you Random_Linden_Tea for the request <3
i'm a firm believer that hitoka would become rebellious in her third year, i also just love writing scenes where teenagers can just live a little so.. have this
also i did try to incorporate the pet name you wanted but i really didn't know how :// i'm sorry <33

"hitoka?" 

you lean back on your bike, phone pressed against your ear. "she's asleep," hitoka whispers in response, and you can hear her pulling open her window. "wait by the fire escape." she hangs up, and you smile, revving your engine. 

you hear the gentle pattering of her platform boots clanging against the stairs, and you look up to see glimpses of her tied up blonde hair as she makes her way down to you. "hey pretty." you look your best friend up and down, and notice the skirt she's wearing. she notices your eyes and smiles. "i'll give it back la-" "keep it." you move forward, handing her your helmet. 

"and yours?" she refers to your head. "don't need it," you rev the engine again, hearing her squeal and hold onto your shoulders. 

it's a bank holiday weekend, and also september 4th. hitoka's birthday. you had originally told her you would go out to a drive through and get some food, but you were actually intending to take her a little further. 

and i mean 'a little further', fukushima, a little further.

the wind rushes past the two of you as you make it onto the highway. hitoka grips your waist tighter than before, but you can hear her laughing when you pick up the speed. the lampposts illuminate the two of you, and you feel so goddamn comfortable with her arms around you, just being able to live. with her. 

you look at your phone, only slowing down a little bit when tobio's contact number shows up on your screen, taped to the dash. you take one hand away from the wheel to accept, bringing it back immediately to steer. "yo." you yell over the noise, seeing shoyo holding tobio's phone in his hand, smiling wide and then flipping the camera to point it at the rear mirror, and you see tobio's focused face through his helmet visor. 

"are you on the highway too?" shoyo calls, and you nod. "is that sho?" you nod at hitoka, speeding up again. "what part?" you yell. "we just passed the bamboo bit!" tobio says, showing you a peace sign before hanging up. you look at hitoka in the rear mirror, smiling wide. "is that so.." 

you accelerate, and hitoka lets out a scream, holding on to you for dear life. "slow down!" she yells, but you can feel her chest shake in laughter against your back. "did you say go faster?" you tease, revving, but not going any faster than you already are. "no!" she bumps her helmet against you.

"hey, pretty." you call her name, and she hums. "look." you point to your right, just about a kilometer in front of the two of you. "is that?-" "yeah~" you stroke the hand on your waist. "go faster then! what are you waiting for!" she orders, kicking the side of the bike like a horse. 

"what ever the lady wants." you smile, increasing until the meter is at 160 mph. 

you press the horn, seeing their faces all look towards you as you drive past the two bikes, through the unoccupied middle lane. you hear tadashi yell "cheater!" before the revving of engines increases tenfold.

kei shakes his head and leans forward, pulling tadashi to lean down with him. he pulls his visor down completely, looking back at tobio before overtaking the all of you, offering a peace sign before he bends off into the next highway.