chapter 9

''What are you talking about?'' Satan asked suprised as they were teleported back to has castle by Samael. 

''The deal I made to ensure Gehenna's safety.'' Samael explained. 

''I don't understand.'' Satan said even though he did understand but he just didn't want to understand. 

''I made a deal with Yukio that he would call you father in exchange for that I return to Assiah as his prisoner. And in case you were wondering, the deal I made with the bangun was that if the youngest son of Satan would call him father he would allow himself to be resealed.'' Samael explained. 

''What are they going to do with you in Assiah big brother?'' Iblis asked worried. 

''Probably kill him.'' Yukio mumbled. 

''We can't allow that to happen, right father?'' Iblis said panicking a bit. 

''Samael's actions are his own responsibility, I can't tell him to break his word.'' Satan said softly, it was clear that none of them liked it. 

''I'm going to miss you big brother.'' Iblis said as he hugged Samael. 

''You can't die, that means that I have nobody to irritate.'' Amaimon said, this was probably the closesed that they had ever seen him to being sad. 

''I will miss you brother.'' Lucifer said softly as he put his hand on Samael's shoulder. 

''Farewell son.'' Satan mumbled as he opened a Gehenna gate. 

''Farewell everyone.'' Samael said as he pulled Yukio through the gate, when they had gone through it they had arrived in front of the vatican. 

''Yukio are you alright?'' Shura asked concerned as she ran up to him, the paladin also came up to them and chained Mephisto. 

''I'm fine.'' Yukio said softly, he was still shocked from what he had witnessed. 

''Samael, you are to die.'' The grigori said. 

''I am aware, I am the king of time after all.'' Mephisto said. 

''But while I am in Assiah, please call me Mephisto. I like to keep the two separated.'' Mephisto added. 

''Very well Mephisto.'' The grigori said. 

''I don't understand it, if you can see the future why did you make that deal with me.'' Yukio said confused. 

''I did it because it was the only future in which Satan wouldn't die.'' Mephisto explained. 

''What are you talking about clown?'' Shura asked confused. 

''As you might be aware of I can see the future, but there are also mulitple futures which makes it difficult sometimes. This was the only future that wouldn't cause Satan to die.'' Mephisto explained. 

''Why would you sacrifice yourself?'' Suguro asked. 

''Wouldn't you die to protect your father as well?'' Mephisto asked. 

''But I though that demons didn't care about their own kind.'' Shima said. 

''We do, we just don't show it.'' Mephisto replied. 

''Enough! Paladin, kill him.'' The grigori ordered, Arthur nodded and pulled his sword. Then Mephisto mumbled something only Shura could hear since she was the only one close enough. 

''Wait!'' She shouted as she pulled her own sword and blocked the paladin's sword. 

''Explain yourself!'' The grigori shouted angry. 

''He's not evil.'' She said softly. 

''What are your talking about, all demons are evil.'' Bon said. 

''Repear what you said but louder.'' She said to the demon king. 

''It is a bit emberrasing.'' Mephisto said blushing. 

''Do it or you die.'' She said. 

''Very well then, I said. Forgive me father, for I am not able to keep my promise to you.'' Mephisto repeated louder. 

''What does this proof?'' The grigori asked. 

''That he is just a son trying to protect his father.'' She said. 

''Why are you defending me? You of all people should hate me.'' Mephisto said confused. 

''Because you may be annoying, but you have never really done anything bad. After what Yukio told me that happened I realized it.'' She answered. 

''Kill her as well!'' The grigori ordered, the paladin nodded and aimed his sword at her neck.