7. Bracelets and kisses

I am way too reckless! Or maybe it's because I am impatient to get the job done. But sadly things have taken an ugly turn. Edna may have prepared me for the battle, but she certainly didn't tell me about the war.

Yes, a war between Abuela and her grandchildren, and I'm caught in the middle.

I blew the whistle for the tenth time. "That wasn't a goal, Abuelita. Eight points go to your grandchildren!!!"

Abuela was breathing heavily, with her hands resting on her waist. Her outfit was a jersey and a pair of boots. I don't know what gave her the idea that she could outplay her grandkids in a game of soccer on this sunny day—Or any other day.

She raised a finger at me: "You should be my side, not theirs"

"She's a referee, Abuelita! she has to be neutral!" Nicolas yelled from across the field while laughing his head off. He walked off the field to join the onlookers consisting of three maids: Kaitana, Ava, and Maria.

"Enough plays for today, children" Abuela clapped her tired hands. Kaitana brought some lemonade for the team, and Abuela took a seat to rest her aching back.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ava move to the back, away from everyone's line of sight. I followed her and saw her hand Nicolas a towel which he accepted. Their hands touched as they ogled each other. Ava turned to return to the field when Nico smacked her ass. She giggled and touched his crotch before continuing her walk.

Well, I sure as hell don't care.

"Where's my bracelet?!!!" Alma screamed out of the blue, catching everyone's attention. We walked over to where she was standing. She held her Chanel purse in her hand. "Where the hell is my bracelet?!" She asked after checking the purse again.

Abuela patted her hand. "Calm down, bebé. We will find it, maybe you left it in your room?"

"No, I did not! I am not stupid, Abuelita!!"

Ava walked up to Alma.
"Madam Alma, I wish I can tell you where it is, but sadly, I don't clean your room anymore. Lana does." She pointed at me.

Realization dawned on Alma's face and she turned to me. "That's right, you cleaned my room today, you must have seen it"

"I saw you wearing it this morning, but that was the last time I saw it," I answered with all sincerity

"This never happened when Ava was doing the cleaning! You have only been doing the work for less than a week and now things have gone missing!"

"Estimado, don't say that." Abuela held Alma's shoulder

"No, Abuelita! I want her things searched right now!" Crap! My burner phone!

Alma walked into the house and we followed her down to the maid's quarters. She gripped my arm and I winced from the pinching pain. "Where is your room?"

I pointed in the direction of a small door in the corner. She opened it and we all entered.

My things are just in the small cupboard beside my bed. I had no reason to worry because I didn't steal her bracelet. It'd be stupid to pickpocket when I have got bigger fish to fry.

She forced my cupboard open and threw out my things; from my clothes to my underpants, and everything else in there, but found nothing.
Well, duh!

Then out of nowhere, that annoying Ava started ransacking my bed. She pulled out my bedsheets that I carefully arranged that morning. She lifted the mattress from the bed frame. Finally, she picked up the pillows and started shaking them.

A clinking sound was heard from the floor, we looked down and saw the bracelet. It had fallen out of the pillowcase! Alma picked it up and gave me a death stare. I was purely dumbfounded but tried to defend myself. "I don't know how that got th—"

Slap!...

"You thief!" She screeched. I wanted to hit her back, but I remembered that she is the daughter of the family, so I stayed calm. "I want her dead! Dead!!!"

"Bebé, calm down. Maybe someone planted this in her things." Smart Abuela, thank God she is on my side"

"No! SHE is the problem here. Before she got to this house, nothing like this ever happened. I want her gone or I will leave. You choose!" She stomped out of my room and Ava ran after her like a little puppy. Nicolas left shortly after. Only Abuela, Kaitana, and Maria were right beside me.

I dropped to the floor as a cold feeling washed over me. At that moment, I missed my mom, my dad, my friends, heck, I missed my pack... I miss my family. No one has ever accused me of theft. Now, I have no one to defend me.

"I am not a thief, I am not." I buried my face in my hands, ashamed of the volume of tears leaving my eyes. I didn't cry this much when I was a werewolf.

"Mi favorita, be calm, I will talk to her." Abuela stroked my hair.

Kaitana led Abuela back to her room, leaving just me and Maria.

"You don't have to stay with me, Maria. You should go do your duty, I will start to pack my bags. They will want me gone soon."

"Don't be silly,". She dismissed. "We will get to the bottom of this, it's just strange that someone would do this to you"

"It's not strange." I sniffled. "Trouble seems to follow me wherever I go, I'm not surprised." I stared blankly at the green wall as more tears rolled down my face.

"Let's arrange your things." She picked up my black bag.

I snatched the bag from her. "Don't worry, Maria. I'll clean up and meet you in the kitchen"

"Better." She walked off and closed the door behind her.

Thank God Ava didn't see my phone. Dumb broad! I pulled it out from where I hid it, and checked to make sure it was still working. Great!

I put everything else in order, then took a shower before heading to the kitchen to join Maria.

As I made my way to the kitchen, I caught sight of Ava entering Nicolas's room. The door wasn't shut, so I tiptoed up there and took a little peek... Ava and Nicolas were kissing!

I quickly walked off to avoid getting seen.

I know you framed me, Ava, but don't you fret, I'll teach you a valuable lesson.