23. The abomination

PETER'S POINT OF VIEW

I was born into a pack like most werewolves, but mine is a slightly different story:
My dad is Dexter, the Alpha of the Silver-Crescent pack. His mate who is also his Luna is my stepmother. They have two girls, Indiana and Asmara. I am my dad's firstborn. You may wonder how it all came to be.

Before my dad found his mate, he messed around with a human girl and got her pregnant. She didn't want to keep the baby, she tried everything to rid of it, but the baby was reluctant and stayed. So, she had no choice but to keep the baby and give birth to it. Then, after giving birth to this 'abomination' as she called it, she left it with my dad and went her merry way. Ah, yes... I am that baby.

My name is Peter Wade, I am an alpha prince of the Silver-Crescent pack. I love my dad and stepmom, but my dad always gave me a tough time growing up. I always wondered what life would be like if I had grown up with my mom.

When I turned sixteen, I got on the internet and searched for her. I finally found her with my friend, Vince's help. Without telling anyone, I snuck out of the pack and ran off to the city where she lived in Ohio.

Now, I know I wasn't expecting a welcome party or anything, but the way my mom acted when I told her who I was, I don't think I'll ever forget that day. She was married with three kids, two of them were twins just a year younger than I was. Her husband was just some guy who didn't say a word unless she asked him to.

My mom told me that I could stay for a week tops before she kicks me out of the house. I agreed to it 'cause all I wanted was to see her. She made me sleep down in the basement with the door locked because she was afraid I'd hurt her and her family.

Two nights after I got there, no one was home except for my youngest half brother, the twins had gone out to party. It was around midnight and I hadn't heard from them, so I went out that night to go see why they weren't home. I saw them hanging around with some bad kids on the street. I went to drag them both outta there, but they treated me like crap. They called me a bastard, and that my mom hates me. I said nothing to 'em, but I asked them to come home with me.

They refused to follow me and continued smoking. That was when I saw a group of guys with guns get out of a black van. They wanted to kidnap the twins, but I tried to fight them off and ended up getting shot in the arm. They forced the twins into the van and sped off. I couldn't let these men disappear with my sisters. The next thing I did wasn't planned: I transformed into a corner and ran after the car. I destroyed the windshield and killed the guys who had guns on them, my sisters got out and ran straight home.

I returned to human form and found me some clothes and headed home too. But when I got home, my mom was back. She was mad at me 'cause the twins had lied and told her that I was the one who stayed out late. She kicked me out of the house for 'being a bad influence.'  I slept on the street that night. I was missing my dad, I shouldn't have acted like a brat. I was ready to go back home and become the good leader he wanted me to be. But I was a little too late for that.

The day I was supposed to get on a bus back home, a man in a clean suit and sleek car stopped in front of me. He made me get in, and he showed me a video of myself transforming into a werewolf that was caught by CCTV and another video of me killing those guys.  I asked him why he hadn't reported me or something. He said he wanted me to work for him... I refused. He said that he was gonna have my mom and her family murdered if I refused, and that he would release my video so that I'd constantly be on the run.

I asked him what he wanted from me, and he filled me in about Adriano Beltran. And he told me to gather evidence against Adriano Beltran and get him in the hands of the law.

I asked him, "why me?"

His answer was, "Because Adriano is believed to be a werewolf, all the men we sent in the past didn't survive. I believe we need someone exactly like him to take him down."