15. Waiting

LANA's POINT OF VIEW

Every passing day within the four walls of this house, made me hate it even more.

Knowing that Abuela was the witch who took away my essence makes my blood boil. I wish I can hurt her for what she did to me. But wait a minute! Does that mean she already knows who I am?

If she did take my powers, who did she give them to?

I didn't tell Peter about this info because it does not concern him. I must deal with this on my own.

I heard from Kaitana that Jace and Kassy left that night. I was a bit relieved. At least, I can breathe a little.

I helped Felicia to feed Alma's dog. I don't get why she had to leave her dog behind after getting married. The poor creature is missing its human mom. She is a Rottweiler, and her name is Perrita for some dumb reason. You go through the trouble of getting a dog, only to name her 'dog'? That is just straight-up lazy.

I was taking Perrita for a walk when suddenly, she ran off into the forest.

"Perrita! Wait!" I run after her. The sun is high in the sky, the ground is still wet from the drizzle early that morning. The odd shapes of some shrubs creeped me out, maybe because of that full moon night that keeps playing in my mind. I hear a bark. "Perrita!!!" I called out again.

I heard the snap of a twig behind me. I froze.

I looked back but saw no one.

"Stupid omega" A voice echoed around me.

I turned around. But saw no one. "Who said that?"

"Don't you recognize my voice?"

"No, I don't"

"That's why I call you stupid"

I looked behind me again, and there she was... "Kass?"

She had a maniacal smile on her face as she strode up to me.

She stood a few inches taller than me, but I knew better than to let myself f be intimidated by her. "Hi, omega"

"In case you didn't get the memo, I'm not a werewolf anymore"

She grinned. "Oh, honey, I wrote the memo. Just that, it's been forever since we saw each other, don't you think? We've got some catching up to do"

"What do you want, Kassy? I'm no longer standing in your way of being with Jace"

She cracked up laughing. "You think you were ever in my way? You're delusional!"

"Then why are you here?"

"Because I feel like it!" She folded her hands on her chest and stood like a bouncer at a club.

"Just as you felt like taking my powers?" I retorted.

A smug look appeared on her face. "You were always weak. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that hard"

"You did all these just to have Jace?" I shook my head. "You're pathetic"

She growled and bared her teeth at me. "He was always mine. I just had to get rid of the trash."

I turned away from her. "Perrita!!! Come here, baby"

"Don't ignore me!!" She grabbed my arm.

"You've won, okay? What more do you want?" I couldn't understand why they couldn't just let me be. They ruined my life and my family, and now, they're sticking around and making it worse.

"I want to show you something" She handed me her phone. I looked down at the screen.  It is a photo of me getting into a cab with Donny. She swiped to the next photo: It is a picture of me with Edna and Mandate.