19. Mate!

JACE's POINT OF VIEW

I woke up with a sharp pain in my chest. I couldn't breathe. I gasped for air over and over.

Kassy shuffled beside me and opened her eyes when my gasping got louder. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I'm, I just..."  Another wave of pain hit me again. It felt as though someone was crushing my heart within my chest. I heard Kassy calling for my parents before I passed out.

***

I woke up to see Henrick, the pack doctor in my room. He examined me and pointed a flashlight into my eyes. When he was done with observation, he turned to my parents. "Alpha, Luna, If you don't mind, may I have a word with you outside?"

They went with him, leaving Kassy and me in the room.

"I think we both know what this is about," She caressed my hair, but for some reason, I was repelled by her touch. I couldn't even bear to inhale her scent any longer.

Just as I was about to respond to her, my parents and Dr. Henrick returned.

My dad spoke with a scowl on his face. "Son, why didn't you tell me about your bond with that omega?!" Here we go.

My mom massaged his chest. "Calm down, honey. I didn't tell you about it so you would get mad at him" Like always, she tried to be the peacemaker.

"Don't start with me, Ann! You let this kid do as he pleases, now see the result of it. He mingled with witches, witches! They are all nothing but a bunch of tricksters!"

"Enough, dad! I did it all for you. I did it so that you'd be proud of me. You wanted me to be mated to Kassy, well, here you have it. It did what you wanted." My yelling didn't help my situation as I had another fit.

"Calm down, honey, just breathe". My mom held my shoulder.

"You should have told me about the omega. I would have found another solution that didn't involve witches-"

"Like What? Killing her?" I wasn't afraid of saying it, my dad's solution to every problem involves bloodshed.

He smirked snakily. "If that is what it takes to free my son"

"That's what you're not getting dad, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm tired of you forcing me to follow in your footsteps!"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm done listening to your noises. I must see that girl this instant. Adriano would not refuse me."

Just then, Fred joined us. "Alpha" He called.

"What now, Fred? Can't you see I'm with my son?!" Geez! My dad is like a volcano always ready to erupt.

Fred bowed. "I apologize, but it's a matter of life and death." He turned to me. "Pardon me, Jace"

"It's fine, Fred". I replied. "You can say it"

He began. "The Beltrans have waged war on us"

My dad's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "What? Why?"

"Their warehouse got burnt down last night, and all evidence points to us"

"That's outrageous! Why would I burn down his warehouse?" He glanced at me. "Son, I'll be back"

Fred continued. "It's too late, they are on their way here"

"Then I must welcome them at the border." My dad headed for the exit.

"Dad, please, I want to be a part of this"

"You need to rest." Kassy touched my face.

I pushed off her hand. "No, I want to protect my pack"