22. More tricks up my sleeves

A helicopter hovered above us before it landed in the space in front of us.

Kassy stepped out of the helicopter with her dad. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, and she had on a white jumpsuit. The chopper flew off, leaving her and dad.

She placed a hand on her chest and feigned sadness.  "I wasn't invited to my husband's mating ceremony. Tsk tsk tsk... that's bad."

Jace tried to shield me by standing in front of me and blocking me from Kassy's line of sight. As though I were a fragile little thing he needed to protect.

"It's over between us, Kassy."  He stated.  "You had your time, but that time is over."

She smirked. "Yeah, right. I'm sure you'd love that. You indecisive son of a bitch!" She marched through the path and up to Jace. "Get out of the way, Jace. Let me see the face of the whore that is about to take you away."  I gently pushed him out of my way. When she saw me, she sized me up with her eyes. "This stupid omega is going to take my place?"

"Honestly, Kassy, I couldn't care less if I got married to Jace or not, he's not a prize and you both deserve each other. But let's get something straight, I didn't take your place. You struggled to keep MY spot for a long time. This will remind you that no matter how much you hold on to something that isn't yours... when the real owner comes, she will take it all."

She looked at my dress. "You didn't even wear the ugly dress"

"You like?"  I flaunted the dress.  "You should've just told her how much you hated the dress, hun"

Her face went blank. She clenched her jaw as her eyes focused on Jace. I saw her right hand move slowly into her pocket and pulled something out of her pocket. She pointed a gun at Jace, and before anyone could intervene, she had put a bullet in Jace's head.

"JACE!!!" The Luna ran to her son and shook his body over and over again. Her cries pricked at my heart, I didn't know when I started tearing up.

Jace's dad still looked shaken by it all, but he held himself together.  "Kassy! I will make sure you suffer for what you just did!"

She smirked. "I'll give you another reason!" She pulled the trigger and Jace's mom fell beside her son. Mother and son were dead!

Alpha Richard transformed and lunged at her, but Alpha John, her dad's wolf attacked him.

In the distance, hundreds of wolves emerged from the horizon. Their eyes were glowing red, and the moonlight lit their way. They were Kassy's pack.

Need I say that the party was over? Everyone ran in opposite directions. Sir Adriano took my hand and together, we ran to the fields. Jace's corpse was still haunting my mind.

"I told you this would be good for us". He chuckled in his deep voice. What? He pulled me along, with his men right behind us. We got to a black Jeep.

"You're gonna leave them back there?" I just couldn't believe he'd do such a thing.

"They're on their own. I'm done with them." He stated without remorse. "Get in." He forced into the Jeep. The driver turned on the ignition key, but no sound came. "What's going on there?"

"The car won't start, boss." The driver got out to check the bonnet. A wolf appeared behind him and bit his head off his shoulders. His body dropped to the ground.

"Where do you think you're going, Adriano Beltran?" Alpha John said in an authoritative voice as he stood in front of the Jeep with a few werewolves behind him. "I know you all too well, Adriano, you betrayed my daughter and me for a reason. Now you want to run like a coward? Come out and face me like a man!"

Sir Adriano got out of the care and accepted his challenge. They transformed and their wolves started fighting each other. I was the only one left in the Jeep.

I was tired of being treated like a weak child, So I got out and fell to my knees as Mayi took over. I was still in the process of transforming when I felt a bite on my neck. I roared in pain.

I stretched out my claws and slashed the eye of the werewolf that had its jaws locked around my neck. It fell back. That was when I saw it was Kassy's wolf. I transformed completely and faced her. We circled each other. Her eye was bleeding. She lunged at me but I got out of her way. I bit her back and tore out her fur. She whimpered a little, but turned to me with her fangs bared. We circled each other again, and she lunged at me again, her fangs bit down on my left ear and her claws sunk into my sides. She pushed her claws further into my sides, and I growled in pain.

"Nueva chica!" Someone whispered beside my ear.

"Ava?"

"I thought you had tricks up your sleeves".

"I do." Indeed, I do.

I brought both my paws up to her back and sunk my claws deeply into her skin. But I didn't stop there, I dragged my claws down her sides. Her fangs let go of my ear, and she released a loud whimper. I continued to drag my claws underneath her flesh until I reached her stomach. Her whimpering didn't stop, and neither did my paws. I forced my claws deeper into her stomach and pulled out whatever I could. She let go of my sides and fell. She was crying from the pain. Her stomach was bleeding, and a bit of her intestine hung out.

I saw Sir Adriano's wolf running up the hills.

Alpha John's wolf sighted me and his daughter. He saw her bleeding on the ground and he looked up at me with fury like I'd never seen before. He pounced on me and struck my face. I didn't stand a chance against him, he was stronger than Mayi.

Suddenly, he was hurled away from my body. He fell to the ground but regained his stance immediately. I looked up to see who had saved my life... It was that white wolf again! The one who saved me from Kassy back in Malba. He attacked Alpha John's wolf and they both fought.

I got up and observed the fight. Maybe the white wolf needs my help. But in less than a minute, the white wolf killed Alpha John.

I wanted to thank him, but he moved back. Wait! I recognize that scent!

He ran off into the woods, and I followed him. I stopped in front of a fallen tree. I transformed into my human self and walked across its trunk. The white wolf had transformed back into his human counterpart.

"Peter"