Chapter 4 : The Day

EDITED.

I sat in front of the mirror and stared at myself.  Usually, when I stare at myself, I stare in confidence, but today I felt disgusting. I wanted to puke. Ever since I told Liam off, he's been avoiding me. He hasn't even looked at me.

I'm not worried about trying to have a good relationship with him, I just don't wanna be miserable because I put him in his place. Guys like him tend to lose their shit when someone doesn't share an interest in them. I don't wanna end up like every forced business wife. Malia knocked on the door and walked in.

"Hey, Idiot," she sat on the couch next to me. I gave her a nod.

"Look, I understand that you may not wanna do this and I understand you, but I don't wanna see you miserable. Don't let him ruin your time just because he's an asshole." I hate to admit it, but she's right. I wasn't gonna let him ruin my day. It's bad enough that this is happening. I sighed and got up from the mirror.

"Let's go," I walked out of the door and the ceremony began.

My father gave me a huge smile and took my hand down the aisle. I tried to stop it, but I couldn't. I had to cry. I felt the warm tears fall from my face and onto my dress.

My vision began to blur. I wanted to wipe the tears, but I couldn't let anyone know that I was crying so I prayed that tears would magically disappear. That didn't happen because the moment Liam lifted the veil, his jaw tensed. I couldn't even look him in his eyes, I didn't wanna see him.

I heard a voice in front of us start to speak. I assume it was the priest because, after a while, the room fell silent like I was expected to talk. I didn't even listen to what he said before and just said, "I do." He spoke again and Liam said, "I do"

"You may kiss the bride"

He leaned in and kissed my cheek. Out of all the things that happened from the day I met him to now, that was the only one I was relieved of. At least I know that he isn't gonna try anything tonight, I hope. We walked down the aisle and away from the guests.

"There will not be any after-party; I have to leave for work tonight, so don't wait up for me," and with that, he left me in the room, alone.

The next day, I woke up in a different room. The servants told me that I'd be sleeping in a guest room and I was thankful for that.

I got up from the bed and headed to the shower. I jumped in the shower, cleaned myself, and wrapped a big fluffy towel around myself. I walked back into my room and dressed myself in a grey, Crystal Castles shirt and some black joggers.

I put some lotion on and put on a basic pair of black socks. Walking out of the room, I put in my earbuds and resumed my walk to the kitchen. It was very early, but the servants were still hard at work.

"Good morning," I greeted the staff. They all greeted me back and resumed their work. I opened the fridge and took out some cereal and milk. I poured the milk into the bowl (DON'T JUDGE ME) and walked into the living room, turning on the TV to Crunchyroll. I had some unfinished anime in my 'Continue Watching' playlist, so I began to finish the first season of Seven Deadly Sins.

After the first episode, I finished my cereal, washed the dishes, and cleaned up after the mess I made. I returned to the couch and finished the 2nd season. I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up at 2 am, on the couch. I walked upstairs and returned to my room.

For 2 weeks, the days would repeat like this. Liam still hadn't come back, so I was still in the green. I decided to go out. I'd been stuck inside all day, so it'd be nice to have some freedom.

I went to see the new Scream and I also dropped by Barns And Noble. I was in need of some new books, especially some steamy romances.

By the time I came back, it was 9 pm. I parked my car in the garage and went into the living room. I went to turn on the lights, but an unknown hand grabbed my wrist. I quickly punched in the direction of whoever grabbed my hand and I heard a grunt. That voice was familiar, so I turned on the lights. The lights revealed a very angry Liam, dressed in nothing but sweats and boxers.

"When did you get back?" I asked. He glared at me coldly before responding. "Where were you all day? Were you somewhere being a whore?" I gave him an ugly glare. "No, I was somewhere enjoying my time away from you," I sneered.

His jaw tensed before walking away from me. He glanced at my Barns And Noble bags and his expression softened. "Don't stay out like that, no one knew where you were," his expression shared a sense of worry. "Whatever," I replied.

He took the bags from my hand. "Hey! Give it back," I yelled. He dug his hand into the bags and took out the books.
"My Hot Boss? Mafia's Wife?!" He let out a loud laugh. My face started to burn red and I snatched the books from him. "Leave me the fuck alone," I snapped.

His face dropped from laughter to a serious face. His eyes changed back to the angry expression from before. Before I could apologize for snapping at him, he stormed up to his room, leaving me alone again.