Chapter 18: Mission

EDITED

Alexis woke up in an empty bed again but this time she couldn't think about anything else but Santiago. The closer she and Liam got made her worried about Santiago and what he'd do. Alexis got up from the bed and went downstairs. She heard a noise coming from the dining room so she entered. Sitting at the table was Malia, Carla, Liam, Ace, Aiden, and her father. She was surprised and a little scared at the random visit.

"Just in time. Take a seat, Alexis," Liam said, pointing at the chair right next to him. She sat down and Malia started talking.

"Well I guess it's time to spill the beans," Malia shrugged at Carla. Alexis gave them a confused glare.

"I know that you found out that Liam does dangerous work. But Liam doesn't just do dangerous work, he's the head of the Russian mafia. Dad knew this and the business alliance from y'all's marriage wasn't just an alliance. Dad needed protection and of course money," Malia said the last part rudely, looking at her father in the eyes.

"Liam also needed to marry to improve his image. But the thing is, Santiago is also in the mafia. In fact, he is the Don of the Italian mafia," Malia finished.

"That makes sense," Alexis said calmly. Liam glanced at her, gently rubbing her thigh under the table.

"We are telling you this because you're gonna have to come with us," Alexis looked at Carla confusingly.

"Come with y'all where?"

"We got information that he's in Rome. At first, we were all gonna go and keep you here, but Liam protested," Carla explained. Alexis looked over at Liam who was staring intensely at her.

"I can't leave you here alone. I have a lot of men to watch you but I can't have anyone trying to take you because I'm not around. You'll be safer with me," Liam said, looking Alexis in her eyes. After a while of silence, Alexis nodded. Ace and Aiden sighed and relief.

"The plan is simple. We already have his whereabouts. All we do is break into his safe house, kidnap him, and blow up the rest of his property. We already had some of our people plant bombs at every location he has so this will be done in about 2 days," Ace explained. Alexis nodded again and after about 30 minutes, everyone was on Liam's private jet. Well everyone but Alexis's father. Alexis got up from beside Liam and went over to where Malia was sitting.

"So you knew?" Alexis asked. Malia looked at Alexis before slowly nodding in guilt.

"Are you a part of this too?"

"No, I have my own gang of people. It's not a mafia but it's enough to establish enough power to kill Santiago," Malia explained. Alexis nodded before gently slapping her sister's thigh and moving back to Liam.

"You okay?" Liam asked

"I'm fine," Alexis replied bluntly. Liam was about to say something but he stopped. He could tell she wasn't fine but he didn't wanna push it. Instead, he rested his hand on her thigh and fell back on the chair. After about 3 hours, the plane landed in Rome and everyone exited the plane. Malia hugged Alexis.

"Okay so, I'll go to my spot and set up my sniper while Ace and Aiden get backup ready for any unexpected war," Malia said, letting go of Alexis.

"I'll take Alexis to the safe house and meet you all at the location," Liam stated.

"What?" Alexis yelled.

"You're not coming, Alexis," Malia said.

"That's not fair. I'm the one he's after, I have to go," Alexis replied.

"That's exactly why you can't go, you're gonna be his first target. I can't let that happen," Liam said, grabbing Alexis's hands. Alexis looked over at Malia and Carla for help but sighed when they shrugged at her.

"I have to go, I wanna beat the fuck outta him. That bitch made my life hell," Alexis yelled. Aiden put his hand on his brother's shoulder before handing Alexis a gun.

"Can you shoot?"

Alexis grabbed the gun and aimed it at Malia's keychain that was hanging from the backpack on her side. She shot the keychain off of the backpack in one clean shot.

"Yes, I can," Aiden glanced at Liam and nodded.

"You stay at my side at all times," Liam warned before putting his arm over her shoulder. They all split up to their spots and waited for Liam's call. Liam, Alexis, and a few of his men were all standing in position a few meters away from Santiago's lot.

Alexis was standing behind Liam, holding her gun in a shooting stance. Liam whispered something in Russian to one of his men and the man nodded before signaling the rest of the men to follow him. Liam and Alexis followed behind them and they all snuck into his house.

Surprisingly, there were fewer guards than expected. Alexis looked up at the West window and saw Carla signaling a thumbs up at her while laying in a sniping position.

The first shot was fired and hell broke loose. Liam's men shot at Santiago's men and Malia's people soon joined and Liam overpowered them easily.

They began raiding the house for Santiago and found him, standing behind a child, holding a gun to her head. The child was crying and screaming as he had his hand around her neck.

"Let her go, Santiago. It's over," Liam shouted, pointing the gun at Santiago.

"No, it's not. Not until Alexis is at my feet again," Santiago said, chuckling.

Liam gripped the gun harder.

"I was never at your feet you asshole! I hated you! Every moment I spent with you was hell and I'd rather die than go back to you! Because I know one thing, If I go back to you, one of us will die. Hell, fucking with me, we'll both die," Alexis sneered. Santiago gave her a dirty smirk.

"You will come back. They always come back," Santiago laughed. Ace looked up out of the East window and saw Malia laying in her position, aiming her sniper at Santiago's leg. Ace shot her a nod and she shot him, clean in the leg. He fell and the little girl ran to Alexis, clinging to her.

Alexis didn't hear the shot. Nor did she notice the blood spatters on the ground as Liam fell back. She only came to her senses as she noticed the gun pointed at Liam for the 2nd time, aiming for his head and she shot Santiago in his hand.

She walked closer to him and shot him again in his other hand before shooting him in his kneecaps, feet, and elbows. Ace yelled for backup as he held Liam's bleeding body. Alexis dropped the gun and ran to Liam, shaking him.

"Liam?!" She yelled, shaking him awake.

Liam's eyes blinked open, weakly.

"A-Alexis," Alexis felt hot tears run down her cheeks.

Liam weakly put his hand on her cheek.

"Don't cry, Alexis. I'll be fine, I've been through worst," Liam said, giving a faint smile. Alexis held him tighter as he rubbed her cheek.

"But the worst I've been through was my days without you. Alexis, you gave me a reason to want to live. I've never met a woman like you."

Alexis started crying more. Liam wanted to comfort her; tell her that it's gonna be okay. But his body wasn't letting him. He tried to stay awake for her but his body betrayed him as he felt the darkness overpower him.