Chapter 5: The Bet

EDITED.

Just like the days before our wedding, he ignored me. This time, he'd give me the occasional 'Good Morning' and 'Goodbye' but it just stopped there. It's been almost 2 months since we married, and I've never felt so alone and miserable. I talk to my sister now and then, but she has her own life and I can't take that away from her.

I try not to think about him, but I just can't. I'd usually spend my days, burning through hot romances, cleaning, or watching anime. My life is so boring that I finished all of my paused anime, EVEN THE ONES I DROPPED. Sometimes, I wanna talk to him, but I can't help but not like him. I mean, I have every right to. He's disgusting and mean. I tried to get myself to like him so that our marriage isn't completely shit, but I guess it'll just stay this way. It makes me wonder if this is an open marriage. I walked into a kitchen to get a snack and I saw Liam there on the phone. As soon I entered, he hung up.

"No need to hang up, just trying to get some chips," I said, annoyed.

"My brother and his fiancé are coming over, you can meet them if you'd like," I was surprised. He was being nice for a change. His tone wasn't angry or demanding, wow.

"What's with the change of tone?" I asked in suspicion. For the first time since the wedding, he looked me in my eyes. His eyes are beautiful. It's like a swirl of chocolate brownies. Now I'm in the mood for some brownies. He takes a few steps closer to me.

"I'm sorry about the wedding and that day I came back from my business trip," he stepped closer. "You thought avoiding me for two months would help the situation?," I asked in anger.

"I didn't know what to do. I've done what I wanted to who I wanted my whole life and quite frankly, I haven't ever wanted to stop until that night I came back. I know this sounds pathetic, but I didn't know how to approach you," I debated if I should believe him to not, but his eyes seemed genuine.

"So what's gonna happen now? I forgive you and I'll be a whore every time I piss you off," His jaw tensed and his face showed a mix of anger and regret. "No, you're not a whore and I was stupid for thinking you were one. I apologize," I couldn't help the smile that was creeping up my face. Part of me was happy and the other part of me didn't trust him.  I didn't know if he was being truthful. I decided that I'd give him a chance for this whole house's sake.

"Truce," I put out my hand for a handshake. He smirked and snatched my hand to him, pulling me into a hug. He bear-hugged me. No, I mean LITERALLY. HE PICKED ME UP WITH HIS ARMS. I was surprised at his strength, I'm not a skinny girl. I'm 5'10 and 178 pounds. I tried to push myself off of him but this arrogant motherfucker, picked me up even higher and held me there. I looked so stupid trying to push him off of me, he's like a strong-ass Tarzan motherfucker. I couldn't help the laugh that came from my mouth.

"You're strong, I'm not exactly skinny," He gave me an even more arrogant look. "I know, I can show other ways to pick you up," he winked. That turned me all the way off. "That's my sign to continue my day," I walked out of the kitchen and I heard Liam call my name, so I turned around.

"I'll say in 3 months, you'll fall for me and I'll be picking you up and slamming myself into you every night." I gave him a chuckle. "If anything, I'll have you on your knees, begging me to fuck you," I said in a serious tone. His expression changed. It was weird; he wasn't saying anything. He just chuckled.

"Wanna bet on who does what first?" I gave him a competitive glare.

"If I win, you've gonna admit you're feelings to me. I can tell you won't be the type to speak first and I like that, but I've gotta know if you're serious or not," he let out his hand to handshake me. Oh, he's trying to hide from me I see? Or maybe he doesn't know.

"And if you lose, you've gotta do what I want you to when I want you to do for 2 months," I challenged. He gave me a dirty grin. This is gonna be one way to know.

"So I'll be your slave?"

"Yes, you will," I replied. "I guess it's a win, win," he chuckled. My eyes widened. I was only kidding about making him my slave. I think I might like this, a lot.