Prologue

"What sort of a woman is she? We got her married to you, just so that she can take care of the house as woman does, just so that she can love and care for your daughter, like a mother does? But what does this foolish girl do here? Just laze around. You still do everything for Ovi. I just do not understand why, when a woman is here to look after your child?."

"Stop it mom.", Saheer firmly interrupted his mother's rant.

"You ask me why do I do everything for Ovi? She's my daughter, mom. It is my responsibility, my duty and most definitely my right to do everything for her, to be completely involved in her life as her parent.", he stated calmly, yet, the fury in his eyes did not go unnoticed by Veera and his mom.

"You speak of this woman", he pointed a finger at Veera. She was scared now.

'Would he change his mind about what he had told me? What will he do? I hope he does not make me leave this home for not being a perfect wife as per his mother. No, he would not do so. He's a good man, not some misogynistic fool.' - Veera was stuck in a turmoil of thoughts within her mind.

"This woman is my wife. My legally wedded wife. My wife, who had been forced into marrying me and whom I had been forced to marry. But you know what makes her different from all of you mom? She understands me, she understands Ovi, she supports us. And, lazing around you say? Both of us contribute equally to the chores around here. She doesn't just sit around. She's an ethical hacker who almost earns as much as me, at this young age. So do not you speak even a word against her mom." - Saheer very vehemently defended Veera.

He then chuckled sarcastically, "Why the sudden care mom? Where were you when I needed you the most? Always farther away, right? Choosing to stick to the inhibitions of the society and what they say, rather than choosing and supporting your own son. So now, mom, do me a favor and leave. Leave the three of us alone, we are happy.", Saheer completed in an exasperated tone.

"You vicious girl, you did this right?", his mom spat at Veera who was taken aback and immensely confused at her words.

"You poisoned his mind against us, right? I will not let you off the hook.", she exclaimed furiously.

"And you, Saheer, I will not forget this insult.", saying so, Saheer's mom turned back swiftly and went to leave the apartment, her heels clinking across the floor.

"Why did you defend me against your mom Saheer? She's your mom, I am practically no one.", Veera asked Saheer, wary of everything that had transpired in the past few minutes.

"You are my wife Veera, and the day I married you, though forced, I knew I would never let anyone harm your self-respect as a human being. And moreover, no one has any rights to say anything about our family - Ovi, you and I.", Saheer said, a calm smile grazing his face.

Veera beamed at him. She finally had a family.

Today, something had changed between them and they both knew this. The bonds of trust had finally started taking roots.

Hey guys, so here's the prologue.

What do you think of our Veera and Saheer? 

Do comment and vote and share!

Also, stay tuned for some more interesting chapters coming your way!