Confessions

"Woah, what is this place? Seems really interesting.", an excited Veera declared as soon as Saheer had parked his car in front of some cool place.

"Come with me. Its even more exciting from within.", Saheer took her hand and they walked inside.

"Trivia night? Waah (wow), Saheer ji, you wish to compete with me?", Veera challenged him.

"Compete with me or with others as my partner - your choice. But I must say one thing sweetheart, you weren't so competitive before, staying with Ovi and I has made you really competitive.", Saheer stated. It was true. Earlier Veera simply used to be a spectator or a silent participant of games or competitions, but staying with the ever-competitive father and daughter duo definitely did change her.

Veera shrugged. "Is it a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Definitely a good one. After all, you do need to learn a few things from your husband, hmm?", Saheer whispered in her ears.

Veera glanced at him with scrunched eyebrows, "What more do I need to learn from you?" She could not understand what he implied.

"Well, a lot of things sweetheart, but for starters, you really need to learn how to kiss your husband back when he kisses you.", Saheer slyly pecked her lips seeing a pinkish hue forming on her cheeks.

"I...I do.", Veera tried to defend herself at which Saheer chuckled in a mocking tone, "Sure you do."

He pecked her once again. Veera was visibly flustered seeing Saheer pecking her in a public space. Thankfully, the people around were engrossed in their own stuff. To divert his attention, she decided to tease him.

"Of course you know everything old man. After all, aren't you eleven years my senior? See, there's even some grey hair smattering in your head.", Veera teased him with a mischievous smile.

Saheer scowled at her and tried to fix his hair. Veera sniggered at his futile attempts. Actually, there were no grey hair, Saheer was incredibly fit and did not look a day above 30, but she wanted to rile him up and she had succeeded. Seeing a smirk adorning her face, Saheer now understood what his wife had been trying to do. She wanted to distract him and she had succeeded, but now he knew he had to change it.

"Nice try baby.", he caught her wrist in his firm hold, "but a little birdie told me that this wife of mine likes her older husband a lot. In fact so much that, every night she entangles her arms and legs within his and sleeps cuddling him like a koala." It was true, though in initially Veera and Saheer would sleep at a reasonable distance from each other, eventually Veera would land up in Saheer's side of the bed and in the morning he would find her completely entangled in his embrace.

If Veera had been blushing earlier, now she turned into a tomato with Saheer's talks. She tried to remove her wrist from his hold but to no avail. Saheer kept staring at her unabashedly and refused to leave her hand.

"Saheer, chodo na.", Veera whined.

(Saheer, please leave me)

"Hmm", Saheer pretended to think, "no, I like this better.", he declared.

"But I want to play the trivia games.", she continued.

"Valid point, but I will leave you on one condition. You will have to make it up to me when we return home, you get what I mean right.", Saheer winked at her suggestively.

"Yes, now leave me, pervert.", she giggled.

"Ouch, you wound me woman.", he fake gasped and placed his hand on his chest.

"Saheer, chalo na. Enough of your dramatics.", Veera pouted.

(Saheer, let's go)

Saheer pecked her pout for the last time now and they sauntered off towards the arena to play the games.