The she-devil strikes again

Guyysssss, we have now completed 1K reads here.

Woahh!!

Thank you so much for your support :)

Keep reading and keep supporting this story!!!

It was a busy day for Veera today and she had been swamped with a lot of work. Working as a freelancer might seem easy as compared to doing a job, but Veera knew better. It certainly took a toll on the free time she had. At least in a job, Saheer had his working hours straightly defined, barring a few exceptions.

While she was typing a storm on her laptop, Saheer decided to take up the dinner duty for today in addition to his already-decided lunch and breakfast to accommodate Veera. After all, friends do look after each other.

'Just friends? Are you sure?', his subconscious had to pipe in.

'Ahh yes, how could I forget. Trying to be such a know-it-all.', Saheer fought back, still oblivious of what he really felt.

'Of course, I have to make up for your idiotic self somewhere.', the subconscious retorted sarcastically.

Saheer was about to come up with something against his annoying mind, when he realized that he was in fact, fighting with another nuance of his own self. Shaking his head at his stupidity, he went ahead to chop the vegetables.

"Papa, what are you making? But wait, my VF makes the dinner. Why are you doing it? I love her food too.", Ovi bounded into the kitchen demanding a lot of answers from her dad.

"Well, Ms. Ovi, to answer your questions - one, I am making stuffed capsicum and salad along with chapatis. Two, your VF is busy today and so I am cooking food. And three, I feel like my princess has stopped loving papa's food. All she speaks about is her VF.", Saheer said, wiping a few fake tears towards the end.

(Chapatis are one of the most common forms of wheat bread, a staple food in the Indian subcontinent.)

Ovi fell for her dad's prank.

"Sorry papa, I love your food a lot. Don't feel sad.", she tried her best to pacify him.

Saheer still continued his act. Veera who was standing at the threshold of the kitchen was watching this drama unfold.

'Such a dramatic man. Doesn't leave a single opportunity to annoy that little girl.', she thought in annoyance.

"Oye Saheer, stop it dude. Why are you troubling poor Ovi? Now drop that facade. And all of us know that among us two, you are the best cook, right Ovi?" Ovi nodded at her VF's words, since that was in fact the truth.

Saheer glared at her for exposing his pretense, while he did not notice another glare and pout directed at him.

"Mean papa. You always tease me.", Ovi complained.

"And don't you tease me, my dramatic princess?", Saheer flicked her nose making her scrunch it in annoyance.

Veera simply shook her head at their antics.

"Saheer, I would have prepared the dinner. You have already made lunch and breakfast, and now this.", she said with a sigh. She just did not want to trouble him and make him do extra work, which she was responsible for.

"Veera, you had work to do, do not worry. And we can always rely on each other, right?", Saheer spoke in an assuring tone making Veera nod at him with a smile.

Just then, the door bell rang. Saheer asked Veera to open the door, since he was already midway in his dinner preparations.

There stood the she-devil, Saheer's mom, as proud as she always is, wearing an immaculate saree as always, sneering at Veera as always.