Heart to Heart

Hey guys, double update for you today :)

Enjoy!!

(I have published 'Confessions' today some time prior. If you haven't read that, read it first and then read this one)

"Why so far? C'mere sweetheart. I can't let you be farther away from my arms tonight and all the nights beyond.", a sleepy Saheer reached out for his wife who had lain at some distance from him.

After their heartfelt confessions for each other, their declaration for pure love, the two had returned home to a happy Ovi and equally happy Vivaan and Avni. After having dinner, which was basically pizza ordered for the kids, Saheer and Veera had tucked in an exhausted Ovi.

Veera immediately squeezed her way through the sheets and lay her head on Saheer's warm t-shirt cladded chest. He was quick to wrap his arm around her torso, while Veera's arm went across his stomach to wrap around his waist.

Holding Saheer tightly to herself, Veera let out a content sigh and peered up to see Saheer looking at her with a very warm expression on his face. Veera smiled at him.

"I love you Saheer, love you so much.", she whispered.

Saheer literally melted over the sincerity her words held.

"Love you too my sweetheart, love you a lot.", he pecked her forehead affectionately.

"By the way, I have so many nicknames for you, but you just call me by my name?", Saheer complained.

Veera chuckled at his cute complaint.

"Because I love your name - it's so beautiful Saheer. I should thank your parents for naming you so.", she glanced at him only to find the tip of his ears turning pink.

Saheer shook his head before Veera could tease him for blushing.

"They did not. My maternal grandparents decided upon my name. They were massive fans of Sahir Ludhianvi, and then named me so, just his name has an 'i' and mine has double ees", he shrugged.

(Abdul Hayee, popularly known by his pen name Sahir Ludhianvi, was an Indian poet and film song lyricist who wrote primarily in Urdu in addition to Hindi. He is regarded one of the greatest and revolutionary film lyricist and poet of the 20th century India.)

"Hmm, interesting.", Veera mused.

"Okay, what should I call you? What should I call you?", she pondered over while Saheer wondered what name his wife would come up with for him.

"For me, you are my everything, you are my Jaan.", she gazed into his eyes, as though conveying the name to his soul through his eyes.

(Jaan - affectionate name for a beloved, means 'life')

Saheer beamed at that name, extremely gladdened by her reason for calling him so.

"Thank you baby.", he pecked her forehead, this time for a longer duration. Veera reveled in his sincere affection.

"But, I will feel shy calling you that ha, so don't complain if I stick to Saheer for most of the times.", she asserted.

"As you wish, my sweetheart.", he replied chuckling at the trail of her thoughts.

"Saheer, won't Ovi find it weird seeing us in one room together? I mean, I know it's been two days that I've shifted in here, and she hasn't quite noticed, but what after she does? I don't want her to get disturbed by all of this.", Veera said in a worried tone. Amidst the thoughts of a date, she hadn't really been in the mental space to ponder over this, but now as she thought, she was really skeptical if Ovi would be alright with this development.

Saheer felt a familiar warmth within his heard seeing his wife concerned about his princess and her feelings. It further asserted his feelings about her, his love for her.

"Baby, look at me. See, our Ovi is a really smart kid, you must have noticed, so as long as my equation with her and your equation with her remains constant or improves for the better, my daughter won't be apprehensive about stuff like this. And honestly, though our princess is smart, like let me brag about this as her papa, she's still a small child. Once she reaches the stage of understanding, of differentiating between stuff, we would speak with her. Thik hai? (Alright)", Saheer explained gently.

Veera nodded.

"You understand all my worries so well, Jaan. God, I love you so much.", saying so, Veera placed a chaste kiss on Saheer's chest only to freeze later at her own gestures.

An initially shocked Saheer, then beamed at Veera's initiation of affectionate gestures, which were quite rare owing to her shyness, and then later smirked seeing Veera go all stiff and flustered in his embrace.

"Relax sweetheart, I am yours to do whatever you wish to do with me, only yours."

Veera burrowed herself within his chest wanting to vanish from his line of sight. Saheer only tightened his arms around her and chuckled at his shy wife. He wanted to tease her, but remembering the way he had cornered her in their car and teased her relentlessly, he decided to let go for now.

"Today has been one of the best days of my life baby. And I only want you to be mine, be my companion until the very last when we will be all old and wrinkly.", Saheer asserted, his voice cracking towards the end with the love dripping from his heart.

He urged Veera to look at him who had her eyes glassy with Saheer's words. She too wanted to say the same, but her throat clogged with emotions prevented her from doing so. But she knew, she did not need to reciprocate with words, her Saheer understood and knew her enough to read into her gestures, read her eyes.

"I understand sweetheart.", he said still looking into her eyes. Veera nodded at her husband and leaned into his warmth.

Saheer's lips touched hers and they dissolved into the softest kiss they had ever shared, this kiss dripping with love and only ardent love they felt for each other. The night faded away into oblivion, as the two souls bonded over the new and deep feelings they felt for each other, which they knew would never fade away. The bonds of trust had deepened and strengthened further into unbreakable bonds of love, and this was all that was destined for them. Pure and pious love.

How was the chapter guys?

Did you enjoy the talks our Saheer and Veera shared?

Let me know!

And, keep voting, sharing and commenting!!

See you later :)