Epilogue

"Hey"

......

"No Varun"

........

"I am not in town"

..........

"Ya, with my family"

.........

"Ya, wish you the same. Bye."

An exasperated Saheer cut Varun's call and turned back to see Veera and Ovi snuggled into each other on the couch stifling their laughter.

"Cut that drama. You can laugh all you want."

Just as Saheer had uttered those words, the two of them erupted into a bout of laughter. And why would they not?

It was the New Year's eve and Saheer had been getting calls from his colleagues about joining them for the New Year's Party. He was absolutely frustrated to say the least. All he wanted to do was enjoy this evening with his princess and his sweetheart, only to be disturbed time and again. And which is why he had made up these lies about his not being in Delhi. Veera and Ovi could only look at him and giggle and laugh.

Veera was quite lucky in this department. It had only been a few months that she had joined this company and being an ethical hacker she mostly worked as a lone wolf than in a pack as against Saheer. So she did not have calls incoming for joining parties. But again, that would only be for a couple of months more.

Saheer and Veera had decided that once Ovi joins the first grade and would be more involved in academics, they would resort to hybrid working mode. That too, the days on which Saheer would work from office, Veera would work from home and vice versa, so that even Ovi would not have difficulty in adjusting.

"Ha, laugh more. Laugh at my misery.", Saheer exclaimed flailing his arms.

"VF, papa's being too dramatic.", Ovi giggled.

"Hai na.", the latter agreed.

(I know right)

Saheer glared at the two of them and looked down when he felt a tug at his sweatpants. The little brat was nipping at it.

"C'mere little brat. I always knew only you would be on my side."

Saheer picked Doraemon in his arms and the little cutie immediately snuggled into his warmth.

"Doraemon, you traitor.", Veera gasped.

"You have completely become this Saheer's protégé.", she continued.

Saheer smirked at her.

"Ok, now I am hungry. Papa, khana.", Ovi whined rubbing her stomach.

(khana - food)

After a relatively light lunch, the trio were sat in the living room playing Board Games. It was Veera's idea. Since they had the whole day to themselves, they had decided upon little fun activities for the day and a hearty dinner at night. Saheer and Veera would be cooking together the delicacies which the three of them liked. Doraemon too would be having some delicious food.

"Ovi yaar, cheating mat karo.", Saheer yelled.

(Ovi, don't cheat)

"Mai kaha papa? You are cheating.", Ovi declared fearlessly, after having thrown the dice at least thrice for getting the desired number.

(When did I, papa?)

"Oh is it? Then who threw the dice thrice?", Veera glared at her.

"See, the two of you. Adults scolding a poor little kid like me.", Ovi fake sniffled and proceeded to wipe her non-existent tears.