Her papa loves her

"No papa, please, I don't want to go to the school. I am tired.", a pouting Ovi whined.

"Nothing doing princess. You will finish all of your food like a good girl and then go to the school.", Saheer used his stern parent tone to convince Ovi.

A baby pink kurta clad Veera stepped out of her new room to cook breakfast.(kurta - a garment worn by Indian women)

She might not have liked the chores her parents put her through, but there was one good outcome of that ordeal - she could cook delicious food. And, despite of Saheer warning her to stay away from him and his daughter the previous night, she could simply cook some food for them as a nice gesture.

When she entered the dining space, she could see a pouting Ovi trying to convince her father.

"But papa....", Ovi used her best weapon now, puppy eyes.

"No, no, sweetie, not those eyes. You very well know how to make Papa give in to your tantrums, huh.", Saheer shook his head playfully as though willing himself to not fall into Ovi's mischievous trap.

Veera was watching the scene in front of her with amusement and shock. It was really confusing and interesting for her to see a man who conducts himself so coldly, being playful and doting in front of his daughter.

'Remember you needed to see how he's with his daughter. This is the chance.', her subconscious reminded her.

"Alright, you win. Now stop pouting. No school for today. Ovi and papa's day.", Saheer beamed at his daughter mentally reprimanding himself for being so weak in front of her puppy eyes.

"Yayy!", Ovi squealed victoriously. Just then, Veera came into her line of sight.

"Good morning Kumbhakaran aunty. You wake up so late.", Ovi mocked her new aunty. She had seen her getting irritated at the said address yesterday and decided to rile Veera even more.

(Kumbhakaran - a figure in Indian mythology who was said to sleep for unusually long periods and would be difficult to wake up)

Veera narrowed her eyes at the little brat in front of her and was about to speak when Saheer interrupted her.

"Ovi, sweetie, is this how Papa taught you to speak to elders?", Saheer reprimanded gently. As funny as the name was, he did not want Ovi to be mocking someone who's elder to her, that would not be a good habit. And, he wanted his child to have good manners.

"No papa.", Ovi understood her mistake.

"Sorry aunty. I won't tease you now.", Ovi said half-heartedly. Yes, she was sorry because her papa was right, the new aunty was elder to her, but she still did not like her in their home.

"Its okay kiddo.", Veera assured both her and Saheer with a soft smile. She wasn't actually upset or angry, just a bit riled up, but it was not that big of a matter.

"Uhm Saheer, you did not really had to scold her. I mean she was just having a bit of fun.", Veera suggested cautiously.

"I did not scold her, I was just speaking with may daughter about some things we both know. Another thing, how I parent my daughter, or her behavior should be, is none of your concern. We had already established that yesterday.", Saheer retorted annoyed at her suggestion.

'Not even a day of this woman being here and she starts meddling.', he thought.

"Yes, I am sorry.", Veera accepted. She knew her limits and she should not have crossed them.

"I have made poha for breakfast. Ovi likes that. Should I make a plate for you too or would you prefer cooking for yourself?", Saheer changed the topic. He was a bit confused to see Veera accepting what he said, he had half-expected her to stand up for herself or retaliate.