A date

"Yaar, baby, why don't you have any western clothes here? Is there any separate suitcase or have you left them behind at your parents?", a confused Saheer asked his wife while they were arranging Veera's clothes in his closet. After Saheer had asked Veera to shift in 'their' room, he was quite adamant on doing it the very next day. In his words, he did not want his wife to be away from him, not even for a single day now. And why would Veera not oblige with her husband's demands. So, there they were, arranging her things in his room, oops, their room.

"Saheer, you know how they were, I was never allowed to wear any western clothes. So these are the only things I have.", Veera replied in a somber tone. Saheer could sense that and to uplift her mood he came up with an idea.

"No pressure at all, but are you willing to try?"

"I think so, um, what do you think?", she sounded a bit apprehensive.

"Sweetheart, whatever you want. Just remember, make a decision and you will always find me standing besides you, hmm?"

Veera smiled a happy and grateful smile at Saheer's assuring words.

"Accha (alright), tell me, what do you prefer in clothing - aesthetical part, comfort, some particular materials?", Saheer questioned.

"Comfort, to be honest, but why?", she asked with furrowed brows.

"Just wait."

Saheer walked inside the closet and came back with a seemingly old sweatshirt and one of his trackpants in his hand.

"This is an old sweatshirt from my university days. I would have gotten you a new one but my dearest little wife would practically swim in that. Shorty pants.", Saheer mocked her.

Veera narrowed her eyes at him and playfully hit his arm.

"Ouch, violent woman.", he yelped dramatically.

"Oh please.", she scoffed at his antics.

Saheer chuckled at her cute face and ruffled her hair.

"Alright, see, take these and wear them. Let me know how you feel, hmm."

Veera gladly took them and went over to change.

"Hey Saheer, these feel so good and comfy. Although the pants are too loose, but yeah, I am stealing these clothes now.", a beaming Veera said.

"Woah, trust me when I say this - my clothes look much better on you, sweetheart.", Saheer too was happy seeing his wife comfortable is his clothes, well, now her clothes.

"So its decided, after we are done arranging these things, we are going shopping for your new clothes."

"Saheer you know I hate shopping.", Veera whined.

"Uh huh, no excuses, not at all. And don't worry, we are not getting bored, Ovi will be with us to entertain us."

"Alright, only on one condition. Ovi and I get to eat chicken nuggets."

"Hmm, sure.", Saheer smiled sarcastically.

"You two and your obsession with those nuggets."

Veera chuckled at his sarcastic tone.

Some time later, the trio was in H&M finding some clothes for Veera. Saheer made it a point to recommend comfortable and baggy clothes as of now, since he didn't want his wife to be uncomfortable. He knew, once she would grow used to these clothes, they could gradually try out some other clothes too. For him, his wife's comfort and preferences mattered the most.

"Hey VF, see this, I also have it. Take it so that we can wear matching clothes.", Ovi came dragging a red jumpsuit in her hands.

"Princess, let's ask her alright? If she wants to purchase, we will take it. You do not want your VF to be uncomfortable right, sweetie?", Saheer tried to explain.