The Party - Part II

"I enjoyed the party Saheer. Thanks for bringing me with you.", a genuinely happy Veera told her husband. And she really meant what she said. Prior to this, she hadn't been to any of such parties or even some social gatherings, and now being here with Saheer was overwhelming for her, in the most positive way.

"Alright, then give me a written note of thanks. After all, we need to complete all the formalities thanking me for bringing you here.", Saheer muttered sarcastically. He wasn't happy when she thanked her, he's her husband and she should simply assert and not say some formal 'thank you'.

Seeing Veera's confused face at his words, he simply shook his head.

"Woman, I am literally your husband. We do not need any thank you here, hmm?", he explained. Veera nodded her head in understanding.

"Aur waise bhi, if I wouldn't have brought the two of you here, you would not have let me enter our home.", he chuckled.

(And moreover)

"As if.", Veera scowled at him.

Glancing towards him where he held a very tired Ovi within his arms, she giggled.

"Ovi is completely drained off."

Saheer chuckled in response.

"Well, she has literally paced the entire venue at least five times with her new friend. What do you think will happen?"

"Hmm, yes. Avni di's son is such a good boy right? Very well behaved and sweet, just like her."

(di - Indian manner of addressing an elder sister or an elder female, at times)

Saheer could see that his wife had taken a liking to Avni's son Vivaan since she spoke so fondly of him. He too liked the boy, also the fact that Ovi had made him his friend in such a short period. He knew his daughter was particularly picky about her choice of friends. And Vivaan seemed a really nice choice for a friend. He was glad that Avni had left her douche of a husband. Not only did she deserve better, but also Vivaan too deserved a really good father.

"You are thinking about Avni di's decision right?"

Saheer was amazed by the way Veera could catch ahold of his thoughts. He simply nodded.

"I am so proud of her. It takes a lot of courage to take such steps.", she stated.

Here in the party, where most of the people had left, a frantic Avni was searching for her son. When they had gotten up to leave, because of a lot of chaos, Vivaan had drifted away from her and now she was unable to find him. Her glossy eyes with tears threatening to escape looked here and there anxiously. Her Vivaan was shy and she did not know how he would interact with someone to let them know that he had been lost.

"Ms. Avni, he's here."

Turning in the direction of the strong voice, she found a crying Vivaan in the CEO's arms.

"Mr. Desai.", she whispered before approaching him to take Vivaan into her arms.

"Baby, are you fine? Stop crying my dear. See, mama is here with you.", she tried to console her son, while a lone tear made its way out of her eye.

"Mr. Desai. Thank you so much."

"Don't worry Avni, such things happen. Now the both of you, please do not cry.", Aryamaan consoled the both of them in the softest possible tone. After all, he couldn't see the woman he loves in tears.

Just as they stepped into their home, Saheer called out to his wife.

"Sweetheart, let me tuck Ovi in, she's really tired. Also, please do not change and wait for me in our balcony, hmm?"