i. 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗇 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗂𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿

i. learn to shake it off:

      KNOCKING on the the door of the KEK house, Nevaeh anxiously waited for Carter to answer the door

"Hold on." a voice answered from the other side of the door.

Nevaeh furrowed her eyebrows at the voice, it was not Carter. Before she could turn to leave, JR opened the door.

"Can I help you?" JR asked her as he tried to not look shocked that she was there.

Nevaeh paused for a moment, "I was looking for Carter...is he here?"

JR shook his head, "No, he just left out. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"I think so, can you help me with my schedule?" Nevaeh asked him.

JR nodded as he opened the door wider and let her into the KEK house. "C'mon..." he led her to his room.

Hesitantly, Nevaeh followed him. She didn't know JR, she knew of JR. She had every right to be cautious, no matter how many stories Carter told her.

"You can take a seat anywhere, it doesn't matter." JR suggested as he took a seat on his bed.

Nevaeh nodded as she sat down on the couch and pulled out her phone to airdrop her schedule to JR.

JR was taken back by her schedule, which made her grow slightly nervous. "Did I make the schedule that bad?" Nevaeh winced.

"Nah, you're just smart that's all, but you have a problem," JR pointed out before he made eye contact with her. "Eight A.M. classes are hell." he chuckled.

        "But, I'm a morning person," Nevaeh answered plainly while she scrunched her face up in confusion.

       "Yeah, it's still BS. But, hey, if you think you can handle it, you can. You know yourself better than I do," JR shrugged while his eyes landed on the baseball stuff in his room, which was where her eyes had drifted to. "I do morning workouts, morning classes don't work for me."