𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐

viii

viii. let me know:

      "AYE, look who I found out front

"AYE, look who I found out front." JR announced as he and Spencer walked into Amara's apartment.

      "Spencer, it is so good to see you, sweetie." Amara hugged Spencer.

"You too, Dr. Patterson. Hey, thanks for the invite," Spencer released the hug and began to look around the apartment. "Man. Y'all ain't playing when you say family brunch." he stated.

"Boy, you know we take our food and our family very seriously," Simone reminded him as the two hugged. "So, no Jordan?" she asked him.

"He got stuck at a QB meeting." Spencer answered as Simone nodded her head and walked away.

"Wassup, fam!" Carter announced his presence as he and Nevaeh walked into the apartment.

"Hey, Ms. Amara." Nevaeh hugged Amara.

"Hey, sweetheart. I'm glad to see you in good spirits after —" Amara started as she released the hugged with Nevaeh.

"Can we keep that on the DL, I haven't told anyone yet...not even Carter." Nevaeh whispered.

"Of course." Amara smiled at her.

"Hey, Vae," Spencer greeted Nevaeh as the two hugged. "And thanks for the gifts. Moms and Dillon really loved them." he thanked her.

"Of course. Y'all know I love y'all." Nevaeh smiled at him before walking over to JR and Carter.

"Hey, Nevaeh." JR smiled at her, brought her into a hug, and kissed her cheek.

       "Hey, J." Nevaeh hugged him back.

      Carter narrowed his eyes as the two but he didn't say a word. "Lemme holla at Spencer." he dismissed himself.

       "I assume your ankle is better since those crutches are gone," JR assumed since Nevaeh was standing without her crutches, but he also noticed she was favoring one side more than the other. "Ankles don't heal that fast." he added.