𝗑𝗏𝗂𝗂. 𝗇𝗈 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗅𝖾𝖿𝗍

xvii

xvii. no fight left:

         "THE Georgia Athletic Conference semifinals, the last stop before the conference championships

         "THE Georgia Athletic Conference semifinals, the last stop before the conference championships. Congers University is holding its own against Bringston, a team eager to shut down questions about their dominance after a string of losses," the man on the tv spoke while the young adults, who attended Bringston, eagerly watched if their team made it. "It's come down to this — Bringston up by one, bottom of the ninth, two outs, two strikes, the firepower of Damon Sims on the mound."

        "C'mon Hot - Shot." Nevaeh mumbled as she anxiously watched the tv.

         "Sims let's it fly, a swing, strike 3. Bringston wins it! We are headed to the championship!" the man announced.

       The young adults cheered at the baseball team's win. Nevaeh felt buzzing on her wrist, she looked down and start to smile."Yo, C, I'll catch up with you later." she informed Carter.

      "Go talk to your man." Carter waved her off.

      Nevaeh chuckled at him before she reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. "I'm so proud of you!! Y'all going to the championship!" she smiled brightly as she answered the phone.

"Thank you, Nevaeh. I still can't believe it." JR thanked his girlfriend.

"I can, y'all worked y'all butts off." Nevaeh reminded him.

"Speaking of work, you still haven't told me if you're going to go to the tennis match with your old track coach, Coach Morris." JR remembered.

"Because I don't want to go. Tennis is not my thing, I quit track, and I don't want to see Simone." Nevaeh scoffed.

"But you owe your track coach a favor. She was wants to go to the tennis match to make sure her sister, AKA Coach Loni, and the girls get there safely. Coach Morris also wants to see if her track team is better than the tennis team. You just don't want to go because you don't want to see Simone," JR explained to her, but Nevaeh didn't answer. "Nevaeh, don't make me come down to your dorm room. You know I'm right. Quit ignoring me."