iv. 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗀𝗈

iv. fear of letting go :

       "OOHH, Vae-Baby, you are such a freak

       "OOHH, Vae-Baby, you are such a freak." Carter announced his presence to Nevaeh as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Nevaeh shrugged his arm off as she played dumb.

"Oh, sleeping with Lando? Yeah, I know," Carter looked over at Nevaeh. "And no, he didn't tell me. He was just giggling and kicking his feet like someone had gifted him a puppy."

"It was just...casual sex." Nevaeh shrugged her shoulders.

"Bye, you put it down on him. No one is that giggly after something casual." Carter smirked at Nevaeh.

"Well, believe it. I'll catch you after track practice." Nevaeh ended the comeback.

     "HEY, you..." Simone greeted Nevaeh, who acknowledged her by taking her airpod out of her ear.

       "What do you want, Simone?" Nevaeh asked knowing Simone was up to something.

     "Fine, come to California with me. And before you say no, you owe it to Spencer, Coop....and Jordan." Simone sat down on the sofa next to Nevaeh.

     "Jordan told you," Nevaeh sighed as she closed her laptop. "It wasn't a big deal."

       "It was to him. Things aren't small to Jordan. You need closure and so do they. You owe it to them." Simone encouraged Nevaeh.

         "If I say yes, you'll drop the whole Crenshaw thing?" Nevaeh asked and Simone nodded in response. "Fine, Simone. I'll go to Crenshaw with you." she agreed.

       "I'M not going into that house. You can't pay me to do it." Nevaeh refused as she and Simone stood outside the guy's beach house.