Part 1

Lyla Andre-Accardi laid on the patio steps with her guitar resting on her stomach and fingers strumming a mindless tune as she basked in the sunlight.

Her blonde hair was pulled spewed out around her, eyes shut and her mouth hummed along to the tune of the song as she lost herself to the world which opened out before her. She was so in her own mind that she didn't hear the front door open or the sound of footsteps echoing through the house. She didn't hear the clatter of objects on the floor or the dropping of bags which was followed by a bunch of whispered bickering and shhing.

"Lyla?"

It was the Italian accent laced voice of her half-brother which drew her back to the land of the living. Her eyes fluttered open and she pushed herself up to sitting before glancing over her shoulder and seeing Arden Accardi stood a few feet away with a grinning Pierre Gasly and Charles LeClerc behind him.

"Hi." Arden laughs, opening his arms slightly to his confused little half-sister.

"Holy shit." Lyla suddenly gasps, pushing herself up.

The young French-Italian woman threw herself at her brother who enclosed her within his arms, chin resting on her head. It didn't take long for her to move away from him and hug Pierre and Charles, both who found themselves chuckling at the confused state she had originally shown.

"Did you lose yourself in your own word?" Charles asks when he hugs her.

"Oh you know she did." Pierre laughs. "That's all she ever does."

"And the moment is gone." Lyla mutters, pulling away from the Monegasque.

Arden and Charles disappeared inside to move their bags from the foyer and into their designated rooms. This left Pierre and Lyla outside on the patio. Pierre Gasly and Lyla Andre-Accardi were often known as the gossip king and queen, whenever they were left alone for a period of time they would usually be found sharing the most recent gossip which they had found out.

Lyla turned her attention to the Frenchman, giving him a look before using her eyes to gesture between Pierre and one of the two who had gone inside.

"No." He immediately responds, rolling his eyes at her look.

"No?" She questions, raising her eyebrows. "My brother is an idiot."

"Tell me about it." Pierre laughs. "He's nearly as stupid as Charles."

"Oi!" The familiar Monegasque accent echoes through the air.

"It's true is it not?" Lyla asks.

She leans back in her chair as Charles appears in the doorway, narrowing his eyes at her and pointing his finger in warning. Pierre was left chuckling until Charles turned his attention to him with a warning look which made the Frenchmen immediately close his mouth.

Once Charles had disappeared back inside at the call of Arden, Lyla turned to Pierre who was staring at the doorway in slight shock.

"Since when was Charles so scary?" Lyla asks.

"No idea." Pierre mutters, turning to face her. "I don't blame him either."

"What do you mean?"

"With the season that Ferrari had last year with him and Sebastian and now the one they seem to be beginning with Charles and Carlos."

"It's been one race..."

"One race which they managed to fuck up worse than the whole season they fucked up last year."

Lyla lets out a groan, running her hands down her face. Perhaps it was a good thing that she wasn't present at the first race of the season because if they had messed up everything that badly she would've punched Mattia Binotto in the face – and that wasn't even a threat, she had very nearly done it the year before when the team principal told her that he didn't believe Charles could win a championship.