Part 45

Lyla cackled loudly as she watched Daniel Ricciardo completely floor Max Verstappen.

Poor Seb had given up trying to control the craziness that was the younger generation of drivers + Daniel Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso and Lyla Andre-Accardi, whenever they were on a plane.

There was just to much going on for him to keep track of:

Max and Daniel were wrestling each other on the floor. Lyla was laying in a starfish position on the floor with Mick whilst Lance sat on the floor next to them with Esteban on the chair behind the Canadian trying to braid his hair because "apparently it was long enough" according to both Lyla and the Frenchmen. Kimi had lifted all of the arms rests up on a row of chairs and was laying across them asleep with his cap covering his eyes. Fernando was egging Max and Daniel on and trying to get Pierre and Arden involved in the chaos but Arden was watching the game of chess that was going on between Charles and Pierre, of which the Frenchmen was very verbally losing.

Although, after burning through all their energy. Everyone mellowed out.

If there was a song that would be playing in the background of this scene, it would either be AUS23 (1:1) by Charles LeClerc or Je te laisserai des mots by Patrick Watson.

Lyla had now moved so she was sat back against the chairs, being weighed down by the sleeping body of Mick as she ran her fingers through his hair. Kimi was behind her on his row of chairs, now awake and completely focussed on trying to braid Lyla's hair which made Sebastian awe. Pierre was passed out in Arden's lap. Charles was curled up into a ball in the corner. Max and Daniel were leant against each other smiling down at Max's phone. Esteban had joined Lance on the floor and the Canadian Aston Martin driver kept drifting off into sleep before jolting awake.

"I got it." Kimi says softly, making Lyla turn her head to see the tiny braid he'd made.

"Good job." She grins. "I'll be coming to you whenever I need my hair braiding then."

"If it can't be Michael or Talia, its going to be me." Kimi says proudly, smiling to himself.

Lyla leans her head right back, smiling in content as Kimi begins another braid. Her eyes travelled around the plane and she caught Sebastian's, a small smile pulled at the lips of the German before Lyla winked over at him and lifted her head again.

"Oi, don't move." Kimi grumbles.

"Sorry." Lyla laughs.

"Your still moving!" Kimi hits her shoulder.

"I have to breathe, Uncle Kimi." Lyla mutters.

She glanced down to Mick, the younger German seemed extremely peaceful in his position despite the fact he was lying on the floor.

Lyla Andre-Accardi had pretty much adopted Mick Schumacher as her little brother. They were always seen arm in arm entering the paddock, or walking together through the crowds wrecking havoc. Lyla would often go and kick a football around with him before practice or qualifying if she had the chance. The bond between them reminded anyone who had been watching/involved with the sport for a long time of the bond that Michael Schumacher had with Lyla back in the day.

On top of Lyla adopting him as her brother, Mick Schumacher also had Sebastian Vettel to look up to. The elder German had decided to be to Mick what Michael had been to him.

"Your to good to him." Esteban says, making Lance open his eyes once again.

"Someone has to be." Lyla replies quietly.

"He's lucky." Lance comments, sleep lacing his voice. "He needs someone like you."

"You guys talk about me like I'm a saint." Lyla shakes her head, causing Kimi to grumble loudly.