Part 38

After the kiss, Lyla and Charles struggled to get back to the apartment without putting their lips on the others again.

All they wanted to do was kiss each other. It had been something that was a long time coming and now it had happened once, they didn't want it to stop.

Lyla couldn't help but bask in the feeling of it all. His lips on hers, his hands holding a part of her body so gently because he didn't want to hurt her. Her fingers tangled into the hair at the nape of his neck in a way that was different to how she did it whenever she was comforting him. The way he would pull apart but create a miniscule amount of distance between them because he wanted to be as close to her possible.

The morning after the race, Lyla woke up to silence. She wasn't trapped in Charles' grasp like she normally was but she was lying on her side facing the window and balcony doors.

Lyla rolled over, knowing being greeted with the handsome face of Charles LeClerc.

His gaze was on her, cheeks turning a tinge of pink when she rolled to face him. One arm tucked underneath his head which he was resting on and the other playing with a string on the duvet cover. His hair was messy and sticking up all over the place - he obviously hadn't bothered to sort it out after waking up. The duvet itself was abandoned down at his waist, sun shining onto him making him seem like even more of an angel than he already was.

Lyla just smiled. That was all she could do as she brought a hand up and passed it through his hair as an attempt at trying to tame it.

"Morning." Her voice was quiet, not wanting to break the comfortable silence around them.

"Morning." He whispers back.

He ducked his head down and planted a kiss on her lips which made her blush. Charles then pushed himself up to standing and Lyla found herself watching him - not in a creepy way but in a way of sheer adoration as he padded across the bedroom to grab a shirt. When he had his back turned, the tips of her fingers touched her lips as she found herself smiling wider and blushing more as butterflies took over her entire stomach.

Charles grabbed a shirt and turned around, chuckling as he caught Lyla in her lovey dovey state. The blonde gasped, dropping her hand from her lips and burying her head into her pillow.

When she heard him laughing at her, she lifted her head again and looked at him.

"What?" She asks, laughing as well because his laughter was suddenly contagious.

"Nothing." He replies, shaking his head.

"No come on, tell me." Lyla pushes herself up.

"Nothing!" Charles says through his laughter.

"Its obviously something, Charlie." Lyla huffs, folding her arms across her chest.

"Its not anything important Deliah." He laughs.

Lyla herself stands up this time, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck when she was close enough. Charles quirked an eyebrow at her, hands placing themselves on her hips and head tilting to the side slightly.

"Your just adorable that's all." He gives in.

Lyla shakes her head, dropping her gaze down as she blushed and smiled brightly.

They lounged around for the majority of the morning making plans for the week. They decided to travel up to Milan with Arden and Pierre the next day where they could pack up the majority of Lyla's things and then bring them back down to Monaco alongside her car which was sat idle on the driveway at her house.