Part 40

The days after that were filled with nothing but pure happiness.

Lyla and Charles felt like a couple of teenagers with stupid crushes trying to hide everything from their extremely strict parents. Walking around the apartment attached to the other, constant red cheeks and small touches that were worth the entire world, stolen kisses in every single room, taking stupid photos on each other's phones because it was so much fun to do. Lyla had gone as far as to invest in a polaroid camera which she decided she was going to bring to every single race or gathering from then onwards - her and Charles nearly went through an entire roll of film in a single day.

The young woman woke up in the morning purely due to the feeling of someone adjusting their head in the crook of her neck and before she had even opened her eyes she was smiling.

Charles LeClerc was a very touch-hungry person. He always had to be touching you somehow.

Lyla had discovered this over the last few days. Holding her hand whenever he could or slipping an arm around her waist, running his fingers through her hair when she was laying on him or drawing shapes on her hip when he was lying on her, kissing her forehead if he was leaving the room or pecking her lips when she entered one.

She wasn't exactly complaining about it though.

When she finally wiped the sleep from her eyes and had pried her eyelids open, she was greeted firstly by the sun shining directly into her face.

But after pushing past that she laid her eyes upon an angel.

The duvet had been completely abandoned by both of them and was a scattered mess on the floor, revealing Charles' body. His legs were tangled within Lyla's, bare abdomen and chest pressed against Lyla's side, one arm placed loosely over her stomach and the other on her shoulder whilst his head was hidden away in the crook of her neck. She was able to see every single detail on his exposed skin: the small freckles dotted here and there, the scars from childhood accidents that were extremely faint but there if you knew where they were. The amount of sun everyone had taken had been good to him because his entire body was extremely tanned and he had managed to acquire himself some godawful tan-lines from his t-shirts. She could feel his eyelashes against the skin of her neck, the short breathes that he let out were warm against her shoulder.

Lyla just lay there and admired him, wandering how the hell she had managed to get him to actually be hers and why the hell he had put up with her for so long.

She was so lost in her thoughts, that she didn't even realise he'd woken up until his laughter echoed through her ears and she rolled onto her side after realising that his body had moved.

"What are you thinking about, amour?" His voice was deep and raspy, laced with sleep.

"Nothing of importance." Lyla replies. "Sleep well?"

"Like a baby." He places his head on his arm which was tucked underneath a pillow.

Lyla just smiles as she looks at him because she didn't know what else to do. Charles always seemed to be able to render her speechless recently and whenever he did there was always a comfortable silence that fell between the two of them filled with nothing but them breathing.

Charles was startled when Lyla pecked his lips before pushing herself out of bed and throwing her knotted blonde hair back into a ponytail as she crossed the room. She was stood in front of the mirror brushing through some knots in the ends and secretly admiring Charles in the mirror since she could see him laying on his stomach in the bed on his phone. She glanced away from him for only a second before jumping slightly when a pair of arms wrapped around her from behind and she felt a kiss be placed on her shoulder.