Part 5

Lyla woke up the next morning with a pounding head and her memory surprisingly intact.

The Italian woman looked around as she sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. The bed next to her was messy and from the abandoned shirt she could spot on the floor she had absolutely no doubt that Charles had wheedled his way into staying with her for the night.

"Charlie?" She calls out, the nickname falling from her lips.

"Deliah." The Monegasque accent echoes through. "Morning sleepyhead."

Lyla smiles tiredly at him before both of their attention was caught by the door open and the grinning face of Arden who dragged a very hungover looking Pierre into the room.

"Fuck you." Pierre mutters.

"Trouble in paradise?" Lyla asks with a smirk.

"Good morning to you too." Arden rolls his eyes at his sister. "Get ready."

"Why?" Charles questions.

"Seb planned breakfast and I don't think he's going to very pleased that half of the grid is fucking hungover."

Pierre fell onto the bed dramatically as Charles pulled his shirt on and left the room to go and change in his own hotel room. Lyla pushed herself up from the bed, laughing at the state of her French friend who watched her as she grabbed some clothes from her bag and disappeared into the bathroom to change.

"How are you living?" Pierre asks.

"I don't get hungover." Lyla shrugs.

"Why didn't you let me drink my teenage years away with you?"

"She's a bad influence." Arden comments.

It was Lyla's turn to roll her eyes at her brother now, grabbing her phone from the charger and tucking it into her pocket before pulling Pierre up from the bed and dragging him from the room. Charles was waiting for them outside and the four troublemakers made their way down to the hotel restaurant. They found the majority of the grid waiting for them and the annoyed face of Sebastian Vettel was front and centre. The German man immediately put the blame onto Lyla, who, upon recognising his facial expression, put her hands up in the air and gestured between Charles and Pierre.

"You're not dying?" Daniel looks at Lyla.

"I don't get hungover." She shrugs. "Never have and never will."

"That's worrying, Lyla." Lewis Hamilton comments.

"Not really." She says as she sits down. "Where's the baby?"

Pierre grinned and fell into the chair next to her, letting his head drop onto her shoulder. Lyla took the opportunity to look around the table and had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing too much. Mick had his head hung low and was avoiding the gaze of everyone, Lance had just given up and gone to sleep and Esteban was downing cup after cup of coffee. Max was sat next to Daniel and was looking extremely angry so Lyla quickly looked away again.

"Where's Lando and Carlos?" Sebastian asks.

"Lando's probably asleep." Daniel replies.

"We're here." Carlos' accent rings through the air.

"Don't start the party without us." Lando smirks.

They sat down and Sebastian immediately began his lecture. Lyla didn't really pay attention considering it was aimed at the drivers and she wasn't a driver, instead she let her fingers run through Pierre's hair as he kept his head on her shoulder.